Crediting Artwork On WolfPlay (Updated: 12/09/2016)

Buy and sell art to be used in the game.

Re: Crediting Artwork On WolfPlay (Updated: 9/02/2015)

Postby Mhardy01 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:39 am

Hello, i was wondering what if i took a picture of my Alpha Pair in my Pack and made them into an account profile photo for it, who would i give credit to? Would i give credit to WolfPlay since im using the image of the wolves??
Mhardy01

Postby Kicker » Tue May 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Mhardy01 wrote:Hello, i was wondering what if i took a picture of my Alpha Pair in my Pack and made them into an account profile photo for it, who would i give credit to? Would i give credit to WolfPlay since im using the image of the wolves??

Yup. ^^
Sometimes holding on, hurts worse than
L e t t i n g lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove G o
The Forgotten Wolves Roleplay
Kicker

Location: The Paradise City, Where The Grass Is Green And The Girls Are Pretty.

Postby Bluesplash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:16 am

I tried first use my icon at deviantart link, but it got removed)i never received any message telling why), and now I`m trying to download it to tinypic, but it keeps saying error and when it finally `downloaded` it, its not visible when I search it

what`s wrong? Its png. file, is that it? do it need to be other type of file? if yes then what type?
picture is all made by me
Bluesplash

Postby Selvester » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:11 am

Bluesplash wrote:I tried first use my icon at deviantart link, but it got removed)i never received any message telling why), and now I`m trying to download it to tinypic, but it keeps saying error and when it finally `downloaded` it, its not visible when I search it

what`s wrong? Its png. file, is that it? do it need to be other type of file? if yes then what type?
picture is all made by me

Tiny pic should work fine. Are you receiving the error message here on WP or on Tinypic. If it's on Tinypic, thats a problem on their end and can't really help there... If the error message is here on WP... Well make sure you are using the DIRECT LINK they provide you, if it's not the direct link it may not allow you to link it.
Signature & Avatar (c) Styles #54
Selvester

Postby Aventura » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Marking, for reference to members.
      Mod since: 10/12/16
Aventura

Postby wolf_whisperer98 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm new to this art stuff, and I was wondering if/how I would be able to use an image that I drew myself that is saved on my computer.
*wolf_whisperer98*
wolf_whisperer98

Postby Selvester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 pm

wolf_whisperer98 wrote:I'm new to this art stuff, and I was wondering if/how I would be able to use an image that I drew myself that is saved on my computer.

If it's 100% your own then yes it's perfectly A-okay for use. Just make sure that you put credit's to yourself either on the image itself, in your bio, or in your note (if using notes, make sure your notes a viewable to the public).
If any resources were used in making it, for example lineart, make sure you credit the original owner of that as well.

As for how you would be able to use it, you will have to upload the file saved on your computer to an image hosting site such as imgur and use the direct link to the image. The direct link will be placed in the avatar section on your account page.

I hope this helps, I am rushing a little here, have to be off. If you are still confused it MIGHT be helpful to check out the All About Artwork topic. Depending where your confusion lays. If more help is required though my PMs here and in game are always open. Or just respond here and another mod may be able to answer your questions before me. (:

Happy Hunting!
Signature & Avatar (c) Styles #54
Selvester

Postby wolf_whisperer98 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm

I still don't get how to upload though. Whenever I link my picture to a website, it says invalid link.
*wolf_whisperer98*
wolf_whisperer98

Postby Vennenum » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:48 pm

wolf_whisperer98 wrote:I still don't get how to upload though. Whenever I link my picture to a website, it says invalid link.

Make sure you are taking the Direct Link. Right click the image (or if you're on phone, press and hold for a few seconds), then select "Copy Image URL/Location". That is the link you want to use.
Vennenum

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork