Hotlinking, what is it?

Buy and sell art to be used in the game.

Re: Hotlinking, what is it?

Postby Selvester » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Candles wrote:What? People use DA all the time through WP for their avatars and they get approved.

As an image source for the images IN an avatar DA is a great location as long as the credits are double checked and the artist gives permission for the images use. However NOT as a HOSTING site. Meaning players store their avatar image on DA and then use the link from there. Not allowed. Using the images from there is okay (as long as the artist is okay with it) but linking directly from there is not. Yes people use DA in finding their images but I promise you they aren't getting approved if players are hotlinking from DA, they are using alternative hosting sites. Makes sense I hope?
Signature & Avatar (c) Styles #54
Selvester

Postby lightningalpha1 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Selvester wrote:
Candles wrote:What? People use DA all the time through WP for their avatars and they get approved.

As an image source for the images IN an avatar DA is a great location as long as the credits are double checked and the artist gives permission for the images use. However NOT as a HOSTING site. Meaning players store their avatar image on DA and then use the link from there. Not allowed. Using the images from there is okay (as long as the artist is okay with it) but linking directly from there is not. Yes people use DA in finding their images but I promise you they aren't getting approved if players are hotlinking from DA, they are using alternative hosting sites. Makes sense I hope?

This makes a lot of sense, I never did get that XD
What's wrong with being different?
Mystic♡~
Storm♡~
Aurora♡~Image
lightningalpha1

Postby JayZX535 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:45 pm

You guys should add https://servimg.com/ - they're a great image host site too (they do require registration though)!
JayZX535

Previous

Return to Artwork