Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Enjoy forum RP's? Start one here.

Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:23 am

Sh, Shh, listen. I said listen! Can you hear them?
The wolves? Their howling? Don't be afraid. They don't bother with us, here in the forest. No. Those are northern wolves. Mountain wolves. They hardly ever leave their cliff, way over on that island...

The Mountain Territory
Far north, where wolves are larger and the winds bite colder, there is a secluded mountainous island. It's harsh, and cruel, but some wolves have escaped to this land. Running from an old pack, or from a dark past. Or maybe just settling in. They stop at these harsh peaks and try to make a living, after crossing a rather calm channel that connects the island to the mainland.
Where there are wolves, packs form.
Where would these packs be forming? Well the landscape is quite rugged, indeed. There are two mountains that dominaye the region. One huge peak in the North, North Mountain, and one in the South, South Mountain. These mountains are huge. One has a large cave on it's south side, with a huge ledge jutting from it. The other has a equally large cave, but with a smaller ledge, on it's Eastern side.

Death Gorge
Watch your step, this place is a large, scar in the earth. Passing by, one can hear the shrieks of animals who fell into it's abyss. There's no way out. Sometimes it glazes over with ice and snow in the winter, creating a deadly trap for an unlucky soul who walks this way. Like the rest of the island, vegetation is sparse. It's mainly large boulders, and these do make good sunning areas. Not just for wolves, prey like rabbits and snakes will try to catch the suns glancing rays here. But be careful! Snakes bite.

Rabbit Ears Peaks
At a glance, you may think this place is crawling with rabbits. Wrong! No, these peaks are so named because from a distance they look like tall rabbit ears. I'm reality, this cluster of peaks are rather sparse. Mountain goats, ibex, and bighorns wander around looking for food, prey that can only be taken on by a strong pair or group of wolves. Crevasses and caves line the slopes, some death traps. Small streams trickle with icy cold water, that's frigid to the touch.

Foggy Lake
This lake is shrouded with fog. But, it's the safest place on the island. Deer gather here silently, prey drink. It's calm, free of crevasses and the ground is even. The surrounding high territory makes it a sheltered, windless valley. The water is delicious, and perfect for swimming in the summer. Over the Winter it freezes over, and is a fun place to gather. It's an unwritten law that the lake belongs to all and no one. No pack or wolf can claim it as theirs.

Rabbit Marsh
Here for once the ground is soft! This peninsula is covered in springy grasses, and all summer and spring it's wet and moist. Rabbits do live here in some numbers! Hunting is decent, but there is prey. All winter, the grasses stiffen as all the moisture freezes and creates rock hard soil. In winter, this place becomes desolate and rabbit populations dwindle until the warmer months return.

The Southern Hills
These are milder hills, with much less elevation than the others on the island. They are more like hills, and much easier to live on. Deer roam the hills with the mountaineers(ibex, goats, sheep, Ect). There are fewer crevasses and caves, and the paths are much smoother. Many newcomers settle around here, if they get the courage to leave the shore.

Broken Spine Peaks
These are the most ragged of the peaks, looking like a jagged, broken spine of earth. But that's not all there is to it's name. Many wolves haven fallen to their death, breaking their spines against the jagged rock. Only experienced wolves travel here. There are only the best adapted of hooves animals, and almost no vegetation. Crevasses are all over, and some caves can go on forever, making it easy to get lost. This is no safe haven.

Great Tree/Ghost Pines
Hardly any trees grow on the rocky island, so this grove of pines is special. No, it's sacred. There are many tales that lost spirits gather here, and that the dead walk among these trees. To hunt here, to sleep here, is a daunting thing to the wary or superstitious. Wolves avoid it. And past these pines, a great willow stands. This tree is quite old, remnants of a different time. And gigantic. It's truly magical to see. Like the lake, this place belongs to no one, and everyone. It cannot be owned by any creature

Misty Wood
On a clear night with a round, full moon, you can see it. The island. Tiny, it doesn't seen like much. But it is. A small half circle of trees encompass a meadow. Though there are no deer, squirrels, rabbits, birds, and other small prey fill the place. No one has reached it- yet.

When entering the mountain... Follow the rules...
You enter as a lone wolf, age 2 or up.
No packs form right away, I will tell you when packs can start to form
Only two packs can form.
No pups until I say so
No pregnant wolves till I say so
One character per person
Follow Eves rules
Written descriptions only, no pictures
Literate rpers. Please do 4-5 sentences each post.
Don't kill or seriously injure any other characters without their permission
Be realistic, hunts take time. No climbing into trees, no easily killing prey, no perfect wolves

Code: Select all
[b][size=150][color=#0000FF]My name is...[/color][/size][/b]
[i][size=150]*Name*[/size][/i]

[size=150][b][color=#0000FF]The Details[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Age:
History:[/b]

[b][size=150][color=#0000FF]What's Inside Counts[/color][/size][/b]
[b]Personality:
Weaknesses:
Strengths:
Likes/dislikes:[/b]

[size=150][b][color=#0000FF]Relations[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Crush:
Mate:
Children:
Other family:[/b]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to note that the
map above is mine.
I made it using Fantasy
Name Generator's Map
maker, and added the
Labels MYSELF using
Photoshop. Then, I resized it with
Picasion.
It is mine. Credit to me, and
No one can copy it. Thank you.
Last edited by Starlight wolves6 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charles Xavier X Ashley Wolf
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12613
Starlight wolves6

Re: Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:27 am

Reminders
- The island, though not huge, is big. So you can't skip from one mountain to the next, in like two posts. No. I'm not setting a strict posting regulation about this, but be conscientious about how long it would take to travel.
- Follow Eve's rules, obviously
- Remember, try and be a tad but realistic. Thanks XD
- No mates/packs/pups/pregnant wolves right away. If you DO have pups later, talk to me about how many, who'll play them. You and the other parent can each play one pup. You can only play three wolves at a time(original character, 2 pups from different litters)
- You don't need to read all the posts! just the ones in your area, or if I make an announcement. This should make it much easier to keep track of large amounts of posts. You don't need to read every one!

That's it for those little reminders!
Whew! Painless XD
Last edited by Starlight wolves6 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:28 am

It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:54 am

Anika- Female- South Mountain Northern slope

Anika sat watchful over a small cave that smelled strongly of her. Infact, there were marks all over this area that she had been here awhile. She hadn't left in a long time. Why? Her mother's bones lay in the cave, dragged there after an avalanche had ended her life. Anika stood as the sun rose high, the wind slicing through the air. Her unusually thick pelt held off the worst of it, but she stilled shivered. Anika began walking carefully down the slope, skidding slightly but still keeping her balance. She hopped gracefully onto a boulder, her claws scratching on the boulder. She then hopped off of that, and lifted her head scenting the air for prey. She then began like a living stature, her white and silver fur blending with the snow-coated grey. She remembered her mothers lessons.

Don't take deep breaths, all you will smell is cold air! Small, little sniffs will work much better.

She took tiny, smaller sniffs so that the sharp air didn't burn her nose. It was still early, so the air was at its coldest, before the sun could warm the air. She glanced around, slowly, looking for prey. She stood, frozen. Like she was a part of these mountains. A rabbit finally scampered into view. She lept, gracefully, carefully, and swiftly so she didn't slip and fall. She landed on the rabbit, pinning it with a paw and and using a swift bite to kill it quickly.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 am

Jest- Ghost Pines
The male wolf had planted his rear right down beside an old tree. He knew where he was. The Ghost Pines, as the wolves called it. He supposed the name suited the place. It did seem a bit spooky, as if it had spirits flying around. He knew most wolves weren't fond of this area. But he was. It was quiet and calm. Not many came here. Jest did believe in spirits and ghosts though. But if he was a spirit here, he would like some company, even if he couldn't communicate to them. It was partially out of respect for them. Jest would sit here sometimes, think about them, and then leave. It was as if he was paying his respects to the forgotten ones. He hoped his visits would keep him in his good graces. He wasn't the type of wolf who would pray to the stars or the moon for a good meal or a decent mate. But he was the one to take risks. And taking risks always included a chance of death. Jest somehow thought that by having the spirits in his good graces, it would keep him from death if he was lucky.

He was sitting by his usual old tree. It's trunk had been arched back from the many strong winds that pushed it. And now, it made an excellent place to lay back, or perhaps on the other side, it would give some shelter. He felt the tree creak a bit. He'd like to think that it was sort of greeting him. And he whispered, "Good morning to you too,".

A wolf who sat by ghostly trees would probably be thought of by others as lonely or just strange. It was true Jest felt lonely from time to time. There was only so much a tree could do for you. But he wasn't out of his mind. In fact, he was in his right mind all the time. He was always smart and cunning. He had lived here for a good time now. He knew tricks. From his millions of explorations, he knew the map of the island by heart. But not once had he ran into a wolf. He wondered if that was a good thing, maybe he had been spared by his spirits by dodging every wolf. Perhaps they were all mean here. Maybe his spirits were steering him from danger. But it also made him think, Am I alone on this island?

(Sorry I wrote a lot... I usually don't write this much XD)
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

"Learn the ropes, learn to hold on, learn to swing" -Jest
Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:32 am

Anika- Female- South Peak, it's Northern slope

Anika ate her breakfast, raising a bloody muzzle. She then positioned herself infront of the cave and raised her head, letting out a howl. She hadn't howled since her mother's death. Her howl was clearly unused. Her voice was too. But slowly, the rugged edge turned into a soft, smooth howl. She wondered if anyone heard her. She hadn't seen any other wolf since her mother died. She had only seen two or three males in her lifetime, and her and her mother had chased them away. She wondered if her mother's spirit had passed, to the afterlife. Or in the Ghost Pines. She knew this island quite well, but the Ghost Pines made her shiver. She wasn't as fearful of spirits, she slept in the same cave as her mother's remains every night, but it still was a chilly place. She laid down on a boulder that lay propped up against the slope, trying to catch the sun's sparse rays. She scented the air, checking to make sure no wolves were in her territory. After a few minutes, she stood up and began heading down the slope. She would go to Ghost Pines, Spirit Wood, and see if she felt her mother there. She followed a path she used often to leave the cliff side. She kept an eye out for prey. Prey was so scarce, if she seen some, she would eat it. Who knows when she would see prey again. She walked with such practiced ease that hardly a pebble shifted under her large paws that gripped the sheer sides to well. Her muzzle was still stained red, so she started lapping at the blood.
Last edited by Starlight wolves6 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Jest- Ghost Pines
The male continued to sit there, almost frozen except when his fur was blown by a breeze. Perhaps it was a spirit, tugging at his pelt. If it was, Jest would like to think of it as a pup. A playful pup who had died too early here. If anyone heard his thoughts, they would probably think he was some creep, thinking a dead pup was playing with him. Jest was stunned out of his thoughts by a ragged howl. Barely audible, but there. At first, he thought it was a ghost. It was quiet and messy. But then the howl smoothed out into a less fearful sound and more soothing. Jest's ears perked up, sitting tall on his head now. Was that a wolf? He hadn't had any contact with any ever since moving here. And it was something that made shivers climb down his spine.

A signal. From another living wolf. It didn't sound sinister or carry any warning. But it didn't seem very welcoming either. It kind of just flowed, like a breeze without any meaning. Jest's mind was buzzing with a million thoughts. Was this good? Bad? Was there only one other wolf here? The howl was from afar, and he couldn't tell if it was feminine or masculine. Was this wolf going to prove a threat or friend? The excitement of knowing he wasn't alone made him buzz with a new energy. Caught up in his wave of excitement, he howled. He was surpringly good at it, after not howling for a long time. Like the other wolf, it grew better. His was a bit deeper, but was fluent and breezy. He stopped mid-howl, knowing it was foolish of him. Now, he could be found and killed if it was an aggressive wolf.

He got to his paws, ready to move on and say his goodbye to the trees. But he noticed his fur wasn't blowing in a breeze anymore. The pup had stopped playing with him. And it seemed like he couldn't move his paws. Just a small feeling. Maybe the spirits were keeping him here. Maybe they wanted him to meet this wolf. He didn't know why. But it seemed like his spirits always herded him from danger and death, so he chose to stay. The slight feeling in his paws relaxed, as if the ghost was pleased Jest would stay.

(I can see Anika and Jest being good friends :)
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I do to! :D

Also, my second post had North Peak instead of South Peak, which is where she is. Sorry if anyone caught that and got confused!)
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Starlight wolves6 wrote:I do to! :D

Also, my second post had North Peak instead of South Peak, which is where she is. Sorry if anyone caught that and got confused!)

I saw that XD. I assumed you meant South.

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Anika- Female- Traveling down South Peak, near it's base
Weather: Snow Flurries

Anika stopped, hearing a howl. Ghost Pines. She shivered, all the way down her spine to the base of her tail. Was that another wolf? She was closer now, but the howl was still decently far away. Defiantly Ghost Pines. She looked back up the South Peak, wondering if she should turn back. No. She wouldn't. She had to keep going. After all, a simple howl wasn't going to scare her. She had grown up on this island, it was as much hers as anyone's! She paused to use her paw to swipe at the blood on her maw. She shook out her long, thick coat and padded along. She clamored up over a boulder, and then leaped down in a graceful arch, landing quietly, nothing put a quiet puff. She quickened her pace, now that the path was wider, and the slope less steep. Soon the ground would flatten out, she knew, and then she would take the pass between Broken Spine Peaks and Foggy Lake. Then, she would reach the Ghost Pines. To see if her mother's spirit wandered. It felt soothing to her, the thought of her mother watching over her and her mountain from within the ghostly pale pines. It started to snow, flurries falling delicately from a grey-white sky. They began to gather on her fur, and she realized that she probably looked like a living ghost. She was just glad that she had cleaned the blood off her jaws.

(Haha! Weather :P
Anyways, I will randomly tell you what the weather is on the island, you know so that one person doesn't talk about how sunny it is, and then another talks about a blizzard. the island isn't that huge, so the weather is pretty much the same throughout)
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Next

Return to Roleplay