Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Enjoy forum RP's? Start one here.

Re: Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Jest-Ghost Peaks. Tags: Anika
What she said was true. Isn't there a phrase like... learn the ropes? He would make it a bit clearer, if it was up to him. Learn the ropes, learn how to hold on, and then you learn to swing. It seemed a bit happier and more interesting than just the plain old saying. For him, it was like what she was saying. If you learn about the dangers here, soon it just melts into your life. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing, to get so used to something you get used to it being there and get a bit lazy. That's why he was always careful around the dangerous parts. Just a few days ago, he was by the gorge. Trying to find a way to help all of the animals. It seemed impossible. It was so far down, he wondered how they didn't die from the fall. But then because they didn't die, they were sentenced to a slow death down there.

He snapped back to the present. She had just asked how long he had gone without prey. The thought of it almost made him drool, but he caught himself, not wanting to look savage. He answered, "Two days maybe...", the words slipped out of his mouth with such ease. He had gotten used to not eating every day here. It was almost sad. But he didn't need anyone's pity. Hunting sounded good. He was about to hunt later today after his visit to the Ghost Pines. Luckily, since he had so much thick fur, no one would think he went days without a meal. "Where should we go to hunt?".
(Btw, how deep is the gorge?)
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

"Learn the ropes, learn to hold on, learn to swing" -Jest
Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Anika- Female- Ghost Pines- Tags: Jest

Anika thought, there were the small hills north of them, unnamed they were quite good for hunting, the southern hills were decently close, along with her South Peak. She had territory in South Peak that she knew held bighorn and ibex, so she decided they perhaps could hunt there. "South Peak has good prey. Bighorns, I sleep on bighorn pelts. I've only taken down a couple since my mothers death, but the two of us used to hunt all the time. One would charge the creature, and the other would be waiting down the path, on a ledge above, to leap down and kill. I usually lept, she wanted me to get used to jumping down ontop of my prey. It's how I hunt now, when I go for larger game," she explained. She hadn't ever told anyone that before, about her techniques. Then again, she never talked much.

The gorge? I haven't really figured out a depth, but it's huge. Id say.... 45-50ft deep at least))
Charles Xavier X Ashley Wolf
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12613
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Jest- Ghost Pines. Tags: Anika
He listened to Anika. Bighorns... He had seen them before, while he was roaming around, but he never tried to hunt one before. Mostly because he stuck to smaller prey and he didn't want to waste such large prey. He knew it would go bad in the time it would take him to finish the whole animal. And a few rabbits or mice would sort of fill him up. He listened to her strategy. It was interesting. It was something quite smart too. Partner work. When he hunted deer on the mainland while training, he would use the basic technique. Hunting with his family. They would just surround the deer and pick one out of the herd. Usually Griff would charge first, herding it towards another wolf who would pounce and try to hold it steady while the family made the kill.

He nodded. "That sounds tasty... I haven't had bighorn before". He would let her show him around. She seemed a bit more knowledgable about hunting on the island, especially bighorns, so he would follow her lead. He stood up, shaking the many flurries on his pelt, sending them drifting off. The flurries had collected at a very thin layer on the ground. Not even an inch yet. But at this rate, if it continued through the night, there might be a few inches by morning. Jest looked at Anika. "Would you want to use the same technique that your mother and you used? I can chase it, if you prefer the jump". He offered. He thought it would be best if he stayed on the ground on his first bighorn hunt.
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

Red-Moon

Postby Ignis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Kato - Male - Foggy Lake

Kato felt his skin itch with the feeling of being watched and turned his head just to see a fleeting grey shape disappear from his line of sight. How long had they been watching him? He shuddered at the thought. Only a wisp of the wolf was left, a fear scent clung to the air confusing him even more. Curiosity overwhelmed his caution for the moment, his blood rushing in his ears as he followed the scent. Hooves beating against the frozen ground and the smell of prey obliterated the stranger's presence. He bared his teeth in annoyance. How in the stars had they gotten away so fast? it was nearly impossible to properly hide on the flat plane of Foggy Lake. Turning around in defeat he stalked back to begin heading south. He'd have to get around the base of the South Moutain but a few deer headed towards the southern hills, there had to be more food and thus more prey there.
"But do memes have dreams?"
Ignis

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Announcement: At page eight, the two pack can start to form. Once two packs are formed, no the rest of the wolves can either join a pack or stay as loners. Pairs who travel together and rear pups together outside of the two major packs DO NOT count as packs.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Starlight wolves6 wrote:Announcement: At page eight, the two pack can start to form. Once two packs are formed, no the rest of the wolves can either join a pack or stay as loners. Pairs who travel together and rear pups together outside of the two major packs DO NOT count as packs.

Any suggestions on how the packs would form?

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Anika- Female- Ghost Pines, heading towards South Peak- Tags: Jest

Anika nodded, "It's fatty, only thing as fatty is moose and there aren't many of those here. Moose and dolphin," she said, mentioning the fishy mammal that swam around the island. Her mother and her had caught a couple during the summer and she hadn't cared for the taste. She preferred watching them swim around on a sunny day, to killing them. "It's also juicy, because of how fatty it is. They are that way because of the chill, my mother told me that," she said with a hint of pride. She began trotting away from the pines, glancing back to make sure he followed. They would have a decent trek, and she wondered how he fared up high where she was so comfortable. Well, he wasn't starving or sick, so she assumed he had some knowledge of living on this cruel island she called home.

(Red-
Eh, pairs of wolves can stake a claim and decide to start a pack. They name it and start gathering others to join. No pups yet, however.
The main camps should be somewhere on South or North peak. I'm planning on Anika having a pack on south peak, so someone can claim north peak as theirs.))
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Jest- Leaving Ghost Pines. Heading to South Peak. Tags: Anika
Jest thought of a fatty meal. It made his mouth water at the thought and he lapped his tongue over his muzzle. Fresh meat. The thought of eating made his so match twist for it. He hadn't eaten in two days. And a bighorn would surely fill him up and satisfy his hunger. Jest imagined a moose. He had only seen them, same went for dolphins. Gosh, this female would open up his menu. He hurried after her, his gait a steady trot. He caught up with her, trotting beside her, not close enough to touch, but at a friendly distance. Their paw steps fell into a sync. Anika described the bighorn as juicy. Speaking of, he noticed he was a bit thirsty. Wow, he didn't keep himself in the best shape, but definitely not the worst.

Jest chuckled, "You have had tasted much more prey than I". He wondered what else she had eaten that he had merely seen or caught a glimpse of. He only hunted on occasion. Not because he had a disorder, but because he was sort of busy most of the time. And he liked certain areas more than others. And the places he preferred were a long walk from the places were prey was bountiful. Jest asked her, "So, how is South Peak? I never went up there yet". He didn't have a so called home. A place where he rested every night. A sanctuary. It was sort of because of the explorer in him. It would be a hassle to have to travel back home from his explorations which ranged from anywhere on the island.
(@Starlight Wolves, okay. I don't know if Jest will be a loner or pack wolf yet. What do you think?)

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:03 pm

@Red-
I dunno, if he sticks with Anika or not XD))

Anika- Female- walking to South Peak, South-east shore of Foggy Lake- Tags: Jest

She laughed slightly, "Well, I can't hunt your usual prey here. Sure we have deer and rabbits, but I've only had squirrel twice. Never had caribou. You eat whatever is edible out here, or you starve. Simple," she said, flicking his flank with her fluffy white tail. "And you kill whatever prey you can, and eat it even if you just ate. Because you don't know when your next meal will be, a wolf's meal is never secured," she said. She glanced him over, "Food keeps you warm, warmth keeps you alive," she murmured, suddenly glad he was hunting with her. Suddenly worried he wasn't eating enough. She paused as they reached the Foggy Lakes shore, it was on the way. "We should stop and drink," she said, wondering when he had last drank.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Jest- Foggy lake. Tags: Anika
The male sort of stiffened as they reached the Foggy Lake. He might of smelled a faint scent of wolf. It may of just been a figment of his imagination, but he was pretty sure. Nonetheless, he continued beside Anika. His ears were alert, listening for her voice. But he was also listening for others. He was surprised to find two wolves in one day. Highly unlikely with his past experiences on this lonely island. He listened to her talk, as if giving him a lecture on how to survive. He agreed with her, that's for sure. He knew it was the truth that living tomorrow wasn't a given. Ever. There was always something that could happen. A hunter and a bullet. A misstep leads to a fall. A wasted second in battle leads to a death bite. And a missed meal could lead to starvation. It was the ugly truth in the wild. Something he had come to accept, except for the food part. He would be better about it now.

He was slightly surprised to find she brushed him with her fluffy tail on his flank. It was only a tap. It was enough to get his attention though. He blinked, remembering there was a lake right there only once she mentioned it. He eagerly went to the shore, dipping his head to lap up the cool water. His ears had twisted into several angles, listening out for the two of them. Who knew if the other wolf was friendly or not? What were the chances of running into another friendly wolf? The water tamed his thirst, and he lifted hi head back up to search the surroundings with narrow eyes for the wolf. "I am pretty sure there is another wolf around here, or was".
(Hmm, okay. Btw, I saw your post in the Moonstone pack RP. I am honored you put Jest in your RP example XD)

Red-Moon

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay