Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Enjoy forum RP's? Start one here.

Re: Pack of the North~Mountain Wolves~ Roleplay thread

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Anika- Female- Foggy Lake shore- Tags: Jest

Anika watched him drink, wanting to makes sure he got enough water. When he mentioned the other wolf, she stiffened. "We better hurry up and move, though wolves around this lake aren't supposed to attack others, I still wouldn't trust meeting another friendly wolf so soon," she muttered, sharing his concerns. Something about Jest made her willing to trust him. The fact that her mother, it seemed, had guided her to him. But this other wolf, she had no spiritual guidance. Only instinct. Instinct screamed not to trust it, she stiffened, eyes glaring out across the lake at what looked like deer moving. Her fur puffed out, not from the cold but in the beginnings of aggression.
Charles Xavier X Ashley Wolf
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12613
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Jest- Foggy lake. Tags: Anika
He noticed her tense as well. He quickly went to her side, still looking around for the other presence. "Okay. Let's go" he trotted in the same direction as they were going last time, presuming it was still the right route. He never been to South peak before, so he wouldn't know. He felt a bad feeling as Anika puffed her pelt up in slight aggression. That was never good. It was wrong to assume the wolf had bad intentions, but it was only a safety precaution. So he didn't mimic her action, but only kept the pace going. His tail had stopped its slow wag that it had when they began their walk. It now hung loose at his heels at this uncertain threat. His ears continued to swivel back and forth, trying to find out more about this stranger.

He had a sudden flashback. When he was on his way to this very island. He was still on the mainland. He had sat down for a rest in the forest, totally fatigued. He had been too careless or tired to keep alert. And suddenly before he knew it, a loud snarl made him attempt to bolt in sudden fear. He was too slow, and was rammed into roughly by a furry animal. It was a stranger. A savage wolf. He had no idea why the wolf had attacked him, but it didn't matter at the time. Jest had been pinned down, an unfortunately the other wolf was older and stronger. Jest had emitted a loud sharp yelp as he felt white hot pain flash on his flank, where the wolf maliciously bit him. Jest tore from the grip, running in a random direction. Fear as pulsing in every limb. He could only hear his heart beating fast, and feel warm blood trail down his limping leg.
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

"Learn the ropes, learn to hold on, learn to swing" -Jest
Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Anika- Female- Foggy Lake- Tags: Jest

She slowly relaxed at his voice, fur flattening as she turned away from the lake. She realized she had made him uncomfortable with her sudden outburst, and he seemed to be... In his thoughts. Remembering something, but she didn't know what. She nudged his shoulder, trying to take him back to the present. "Sorry, I guess I'm so used to being alone, it's rare that any wolf is anything but a threat," she murmured, glancing back over her shoulder. She slowly began to turn away from the lake, towards the peak looming ahead, clawing at the sky like an angry eagles talon. She seemed undaunted, infact her pace quicken and her eyes brightened as they grew closer. This was her peak. This was her territory. This was where her and her mother had hunted, and lived, and fought for with tooth and claw. And now, she was excited, thrilled, to show off where she lived. How she lived. Her tail wagged behind her rhythmically.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Jest- Foggy Lake. Close to South Peak. Tags: Anika
He had temporarily shut his eyes during the vivid flashback. He could still remember the pain. That had been him learning his lesson on keeping alert. He opened them suddenly when Anika nudged his shoulder. He refocused, blinking once and then looking to Anika. "No worries. It's just a precaution, and nothing is wrong with that". He was solemn to know it was the truth. Wolves aren't always kind and friendly. They are mostly a threat. It only made him grateful that he had met Anika and not another wolf back at the Ghost Pines. He swiveled his ears again. He watched her expression as she looked at her home in the near distance. She looked excited to say the least. More confident, eager. He was too. He wanted to know more about this new friend. This new ally he made. It was a soothing feeling knowin someone was watching your back, that they would watch out for you. But how long until they stab it? No. She is a friend. He relaxed again as he realized he had no reason to be wary of Anika.

Jest continued to trot beside her. "So, is there any easy way up this peak or are we just going to do our best?" . He wondered if she had a path she always used, or if it was just a straight line from point A to point B. It really couldn't be that bad, right? The worst is an avalanche. He was going to make a joke about the danger of an avalanche, which would of been a bad move, considering her mother died in one(he didn't know). But luckily, he stepped on a particularly hard pebble, and instead of words coming out of his muzzle, he huffed, "Ow". He paused to look at his paw, and pick the pebble out between his pads with his teeth.
"You must prove your loyalty before you have mine" -Sharpshadow (Old Thunderclan RP)

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Anika- Female- South Peak Base- Tags: Jest

She turned back, one forepaw raised in midstep. "I have a path I use, but it's not that easy. There's a few boulders to climb over, some jumping, but I think you'll be able to handle it," she said. He seemed to be about to say something, then muttered 'ouch' as he stepped on a pebble. She stiffled a laugh, "careful, big scary pebbles might knock you right off the path," she joked. She felt much more free, much happier up here. The ground hardened to stone underfoot and the scent of ice and snow seemed to be the only scent to an untrained nose. She decided she would teach Jest anything he didn't already know about living on the island, starting with mountaineering. She paused for a second, "Spread your toes, wide as you can to grip the path. Use your dewclaw to grip the ice, so you don't slip," she called, green eyes blazing happily as she began the assent up.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Jest- South Peak. Tags: Anika
He laughed at her joke. He followed her directions, spreading his toes out and using his claws to get a grip. He never climbed a mountain before...He kept to the other parts of the island. He was fond of the Southern Hills. It was a wonder why he never seen Anika since they were right next to each other. And of course, he favored Ghost Pines. He once traveled to the Broken Spines Peaks, too. That was fun, besides seeing all the skeletons of fallen wolves. He was pretty nimble on the South Peak surface once he got the hang of it. He was a quick learner. Making him a fun pup to teach back in the days. "Do you think that there are other wolves out here? Possibly friendly ones?" The thought had been churning in his brain ever since he met her.

Jest continued to accend the peak, feeling a strong wind buffet his pelt. He wondered if it was a Spirit, but it lacked a certain feeling. A goal of his was to climb this mountain. And then roll down it from a certain safe height, down the base of it at least. It was much like climbing the Broken Spines Peaks, a hard rocky surface. Except it was much safer if a wolf lost their footing. To make conversation, he said, "I always wanted to climb this when I arrived. I just never got to it. Perhaps if I did earlier and we met... How do you think it would go?". He wondered if they would get along just as well if he had trespassed onto her Peak by accident.

(Gonna head to sleep. Cya)

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 pm

See you XD
I'll lost tomorrow then ;.;))
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 am

Anika- Female- North Peak- Tags: Jest

Anika shrugged, keeping her muzzle pointed forward. "Perhaps, but most keep to themselves. I guess I've wondered the same thing, but I never have gone looking for a friendly face. For the most part, I chased wolves off. Many with territory do the same as I, travelers avoid others," she said, the winds picking up, but that didn't cause her to falter. She took a few short, shallow sniffs to avoid taking in to much cold air at once, and then paused as he asked his second question. "Well, I guess you should be grateful I met you in the Ghost Pines, I normally chase away wolves. Perhaps I wouldn't of chased you, but I'm glad I didn't meet you here. Otherwise, we might not be traveling together," she said with a slight chuckle. A boulder Rose in the path ahead, and Anika crouched low and then gracefully leapt up and landed atop the boulder, turning back she called, "Just jump, if you start to slid I'll catch you," she said brightly, ears pinned from the wind, tail lying against her haunches as the wind buffeted her fur.
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

Postby Red-Moon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 am

Jest- Cimbing South Peak. Tags: Anika
Jest continued his steady rhythm. He was relieved to finally have a voice to listen to. Someone to talk to. Being alone for a few years is hard. What she said was true though. Wolves avoided each other. Loners did. But what about packs? He hadn't run into any pack wolves here, or smelled any pack scents. There might be one farther North, where he hadn't explored yet. When she answered his second question, he chuckled. "Wow, you're a big scary wolf it sounds like. I know I'm grateful I didn't trespass". He joked. He looked up at the Boulder, which she gracefully leaped upon. He could do this. But he was still happy to have Anika up there if he slipped or something. He crouched, extending off his hind legs to get height, and landed nicely on the rock, right next to Anika. He said, "So... Is your home all the way at the top?". If that was true, it might take a while for him to get there.

Jest looked down from where they were. Sure, they weren't really high, but it was a bit higher than he was used to being. He hadn't been up this high in a while. He wasn't scared of heights or anything. Heights thrilled him, honestly. He looked back to Anika. He thought of his siblings again. Were they on this island? He shared his dreams of this island with them many times. He wondered if any of them traveled here.

Red-Moon

Postby Starlight wolves6 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Anika- Female- South Peak- Tags: Jest

Anika watched as he leapt, her heart catching in her throat as for a second she feared he would fall. He landed beside her and she let out a silent sigh of relief. Anika flicked her ear as he asked his question, and scoffed. "No, do you think I would trek that far? No, it's about halfway up, but I do keep tabs on the higher elevations, though really no one goes there. The air gets too thin to breath. There is no prey at such heights, not even mice. It is simply a pretty view," she said, leaping down from the boulder and continuing at a steady pace. "We should be there in just a few minutes, infact if you scent the air we just passed my markers," she said, pausing to scratch up against a rock, her claws leaving faint marks on it. What really made a marker was the scent from her toe pads, it smelled distinctly of her and screamed, Get out. Mine!
It is love.
Shhhh child, shhh

Alaskan Wolf Rp!
Starlight wolves6

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay