[ An Unlikely Group ] [ Sign Ups ] [ Open ]

Enjoy forum RP's? Start one here.

[ An Unlikely Group ] [ Sign Ups ] [ Open ]

Postby Wave ~ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 pm

The city, it seemed, always had an abundance of strays. Whther they were abandoned, born on the streets, or just simply lost, there were always many more than could be taken in by the humans. And the city couldn't support all of them on the scraps of food and such that the humans left behind or threw away. Though, the forest on the outskirts could support many of them, and the city could support the other half. All it took was for the leader of a stray dog pack and the leader of a group of stray cats, both living in the city at the time, to meet. It was then agreed upon that the two species, both cat and dog, would live together as one group as long as both species pulled their own weight. The dogs agreed to do most of the hunting in the forest, and the cats agreed to search the city for materials and other useful things.

But after time, the humans began been getting more... active, per say, in both areas of the groups territory. The dogs were faced with the danger of being shot by humans that decided to hunt for sport but can't hunt very well, and the cats were faced with dangers of being captured by humans in the city. The numbers soon began to dwindle, and the group that had never taken in outsiders from the city began to let them into the group to keep it alive.

Its been about six months since the new dangers caused the group's numbers to drop, and the dangers haven't let up. They don't appear to be letting up anytime soon, either. Are you a lone stray that lives in the city, intent on getting into the group? Or are you just fine living on your own? Maybe your already part of the stray group? That choice is up to you, though remember. The group is always out there, whether your with them or not.
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
"I'm not sure what's worse, my ability to think normally or my ability to think at all . . ."
Wave ~

[ Rules ]

Postby Wave ~ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 pm

First and formost, follow all rules laid out by Eve. Those include art rules, roleplay rules, and any other rules she has set.

Otherwise:
- do not godmod
- no op or perfect characters
- do not kill or injure another characters without the owner's permission
- be realistic
- your character may not hit or dodge every attack
- in a fight scene, no more than two attempts at an attack per post
- in a fight scene, the other character must be given the chance to dodge
- max number of characters is five
- you may be a cat or a dog. that's it.
- you are either a loner or a member of the group
- don't argue with me, another play, a mod, or Eve. so don't argue, period!
- ask any questions you have before you post, if you don't mind
- you may reserve positions, but you have a week to get your form posted as at least a wip and then a week and a half to get it finished before I put the position up for grabs again
- don't focus all drama around you and your character
- don't have your character go around picking fights with everyone they meet
- all fight winners should be decided via pm, and if you can't come to an agreement, I will decide who wins using traits, size, species, etc.
- please be at least semi literate
- two of your characters may not be mates, love interests, crushes of each other, etc
- I may add rule at any time, though everyone will be informed of when they are added
- if you break the rules, you will get two warnings before you are kicked from the roleplay and all characters you play will be killed off
- if you need assistance, pm me, I don't bite!

If you see someone breaking these rules, don't take it into your own hands. Please PM me so I can give them a warning. If they continue to break the rules, they will receive another warning. After their second warning, if they continue to break my rules they will be removed from the roleplay and their characters will be killed off.

Group Rules:
- mothers and young eat first
- prisoners are not to be taken
- do not fight within the group
- do not disrespect your leaders or second in commands
- medics may have a mate and children, though they aren't allowed to perform their duties while pregnant
- all apprentices must listen to the members of their specific branch
- love between a loner and a group member is forbidden
- if a loner is found, and they are wishing to join the group, they must speak with the leaders
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
"I'm not sure what's worse, my ability to think normally or my ability to think at all . . ."
Wave ~

[ Form ]

Postby Wave ~ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Code: Select all
[size=85][ image here. either stock and credited or your own, and no hotlinking. not required but preferred. two links, one feline and one canine, can be pmed to you if you wish for an easy place to make your characters at. ][/size]

[list][b]× Full Name Here ×[/b][/list][size=50]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/size]
[size=85][list][b]Nicknames[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Age[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Gender[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Species[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Breed[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Status[/b]: [i](group member or loner)[/i]
[b]Rank[/b]: [i](if part of group)[/i]

[b]Appearance[/b]: [i]at least two sentences, regardless if you have a picture or not[/i]
[b]Personality[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Strengths[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Weaknesses[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Likes[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Dislikes[/b]: [i]here[/i]

[b]Crush[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Mate[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Children[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Parents[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Siblings[/b]: [i]here[/i]
[b]Other Family[/b]: [i]here[/i]

[b]Other[/b]: [i]here[/i][/list][/size]
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

[ Ranks ]

Postby Wave ~ » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:24 pm

× Leader ×
    how many: two
    species: one feline, one canine
    role: quite obvious really. these two lead the group as a pair, with one of both species so that things are fair.
      × Beta ×
    how many: one
    species: canine
    role: the canine leader's second - in - command. if the canine leader is unable to lead, has fallen ill and cannot speak for the group, etc, the beta will speak in their place. they are the canine equivalent of the deputy.
      × Deputy ×
    how many: one
    species: feline
    role: the feline leader's second - in - command. if the feline leader is unable to lead, has fallen ill and cannot speak for the group, etc, the deputy will speak in their place. they are the feline equivalent of the beta.
      × Medic ×
    how many: three
    species: canine or feline
    role: the doctors of the group. they know herbs and treatments for sicknesses and injuries, and are very respected members of the group.
      × Guard ×
    how many: ten
    role: the members of the group that are usually the most skilled in fighting. hunting and scavenging parties usually take at least one with them. otherwise, they guard the camp.
      × Hunter ×
    how many: unlimited
    species: canine
    role: the members of the group that hunt prey in the forest. these members consist of dogs, not cats.
      × Scavenger ×
    species: feline
    role: the members of the group that search for useful things in the city. these members consist of cats, not dogs.
      × Apprentice ×
    role: the dogs or cats in training. they can train in the medic, hunter, guard, or scavenger ranks and are assigned to the branch. they are then trained in whichever method the branch wishes to use to train them.
      × Mother ×
    how many: five
    role: again, another obvious position. the females of the group that are carrying, nursing, or caring for pups.
      × Young ×
    how many: fifteen ( with an average of three per litter )
    role: the puppies and kittens of the group. their job is to just play and be young.
      × Elder ×
    how many: five
    role: the older members of the group. usually members that are to old to continue on with their duties, though the occasional younger group member joins them in a case of blindness, permanently damaging injury, etc.

× Loner ×
    role: the strays that aren't in the group. they live in the city, though if they are searching for the group they might enter the forest.
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

[ Character List ]

Postby Wave ~ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

× Leader ×
      feline leader: reserved
      canine leader: reserved

× Beta ×
      beta: open

× Deputy ×
      deputy: reserved

× Medic ×
      head medic: open
      medic: open
      medic: open

× Guard ×
      head guard: open
      guard: open

× Hunter ×
      head hunter: open
      hunter: open

× Scavengers ×
      head scavenger: open
      scavenger: open

× Apprentice ×
      apprentice: Yukon >> Medic Apprentice >> Played by Wave
      apprentice: open

× Mother ×
      mother: open

× Elder ×
      elder: open
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

Postby Wave ~ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:09 am

You may now post!
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

Wave's Characters

Postby Wave ~ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:09 am

× Yukon ×
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Nicknames: none
    Species: feline
    Breed: unknown

Appearance: a white base coat with a very small build and blue eyes. he's got a light grey underbelly and a light grey splotch across his face, as well as black and dark gray splotches covering his body too.
    Personality: he's really, really quiet. so quiet, in fact, that many before have thought him to be mute. he only talks when he trusts you, which is rare, considering he has trust issues because of his abandonment when he was younger. he's smart though, and a quick learner. he's got decent memory, and can problem solve pretty quickly too.
    Strengths: his ability to use his mind and his lack of speaking
    Weaknesses: his lack of speaking, his physical bulk, and his small size
    Likes: quiet, peace, the smell of herbs, being able to help, and watching pups and kits with their mothers
    Dislikes: loud noises, being forced to speak, being left completely alone, and others annoying and pestering him

Crush: nope
    Mate: nope
    Children: nope
    Parents: he isn't sure. the group found him as a kit and took him in.
    Siblings: open
    Other Family: unknown

Other: that moment when you have him set as a dog when he's actually a cat. -_-
Last edited by Wave ~ on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

Re: [ An Unlikely Group ] [ Sign Ups ] [ dnp ]

Postby Starryo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 am

--MOD EDIT: Image removed for nonstock use. Please review image requirements [here].

Credits to Tidesend @ DeviantArt

× Snowflake x
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Nicknames: Flurry, Snow
    Species: Canine, Dog x Wolf
    Breed: Alusky x Grey Wolf

Appearance: Snowflake is a lithe silver white wolfdog with wispy yet soulful silver blue eyes. She stands tall over others and has a rather unnaturally long tail.
    Personality: Snowflake is a kind and considerate yet stern leader. She is empathetic but rarely makes exceptions with the rules. She is a smart and bright wolfdog who is fiercely loyal. Snowflake is hardworking and will work just as much as any other group member, she can rarely be seen just sitting around for long periods of time, always on the move and planning their next course of action.
    Strengths: Agility, Speed, Hunting, Balance
    Weaknesses: Heat, Large Body (Easier to grip onto), Strong minded (Stubborn)
    Dislikes: Heat, Summer, Being useless, Failure

Crush: Developed in Roleplay
    Mate: Developed in Roleplay
    Children: None yet
    Parents: Unknown
    Siblings: Unknown
    Other Family: Unknown

Other: here
Last edited by Starryo on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally StarlightWolf
Starryo

Postby Wave ~ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 am

Starryo wrote:Reserve Canine Leader?

sure.
    Savage, mate.
    Beep beep.
Wave ~

Postby C a r a c a l » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 am

ImageImage
please check 'other' for entire credits.

× Freya ×
    Nicknames: none. Freya doesn't like to be nicknamed or being called different than her name is. but she appreciates when others call her 'leader'.
    Species: feline or cat. you call it...
    Breed: none. Freya is a stray cat, so she doesn't have a specific breed... actually.

Appearance: adapted to stray life, different from house-cats, Freya has learned how to endure wounds.
    but even so, major ones will make her to leave to the medic.
    her long black pelt with vague brownish tints is perfect when it comes to cold weather. the leader's fur texture is rough and sort of bristle. not so pleasant...
    Freya's eyes are of a greenish-gray color. but despite the gray tints, she isn't blind.
    her body is more of agile and athletic.

Personality: the rough life made her change...
    Freya is most of the time serious and emotionless. so, she is being sometimes described as 'heart-less'. but this isn't true. smart being, the feline shows her soft side only to the ones that are close to her, so the enemy won't find out her weakness: her group.
    she suffers if cats die, if cats don't live a happy life or if anything bad happens to them.
    now that's a leader.

now, leaving behind her soft side, Freya is wise and tries to be as calm as she can. but it seems that it won't always work keeping her short temperament hidden away.
    if angered, the leader will not stop punishing.
    but the myths about her 'heart-less' nature are sort of true...
    Freya doesn't care about the dogs and is neutral with them, but uses to stay away from the canines.
    why she decided though to ally with them?
    unknown...
    but probably that she understood that alone, the felines couldn't survive. so, this wasn't about her preferences, but the good of others.

Freya likes to show her dominance, even around the smaller ranked dogs.
    she isn't a challenger, but if there is an opportunity through which she could revenge or if the enemy is weak, the feline won't hesitate to launch in attack.

Strengths: Freya trusts herself a lot. she is sure of her decisions and confident. her capacity of memorizing is quite stunning for someone who has so many things to keep track of.
    the feline is organized and strict (it might be something good since she keeps everyone at their places).
    courageous and loyal.
    Freya has got quite stunning reflexes, thanks to her athletic body and fast reflexes. she keeps her best shot for the best occasion to hit.

Weaknesses: will rarely flee from battles, despite the wounds, she will hit and hit and hit again till she kills (if this is her objective. WARNING only in very, very important situations).
    Freya thinks that she can do better, so she is rarely happy of a result that comes from her. she might push the limit once.
    if she planned something in her mind, she will do anything to accomplish the idea.

Dislikes: here

Crush: none
    Mate: n/a
    Children: n/a
    Parents: ~deceased~
    Siblings: ~open~ i am looking for someone to play her brother. age doesn't count, but please be near her age though.
    Other Family: n/a

Other: first picture's credits goes to @lakela.dA and me (for cropping it and resizing it i used PicMonkey).
    second image's credits goes entirely to @ windfuchs.dA .

serious work in progress
Last edited by C a r a c a l on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
(c) C a r a c a l | tpsdave on pixabay
C a r a c a l

Location: On the beautifull Ice Mountain with other Ghost Cats

Next

Return to Roleplay