Just my Luck. My Horrible, Horrible Luck.

Need to vent? This is the place.

Just my Luck. My Horrible, Horrible Luck.

Postby Melting Pain =3 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:24 am

When I woke up, I was having a wonderful day. I didn't know that would all change. First I ate breakfast. Went to school, you know. All the ordinary. At school, it only got worse. My dawg (I have a massive crush on him, we have little Nick names for each other <3) hung out with a girl he likes more all day. I'm not kidding. He literally broke my heart. Another part of the day, this kid got me into a fight (Beat the crap out of her, but still). She shoved snow and rocks down my throat, I practically murdered her. Touch me and your dead, bro... So then there was math. We had a sub for math that particular day, so she didn't really know the algorithm that our teacher was currently teaching us. She totally confused us. Math is usually boring and easy, but today it was boring and more boring. I hung out in the bathroom. Only place where it was quiet; everyone in the room was doing inappropriate things and yelling out and whatnot... Then, a boy got me into a fight. Also beat the crap out of him. Then I got detention for absolutely no reason (Maybe for making the dude I fought pee blood =/) Now band. This is the worst. We had tryouts for a song that I practiced for weeks for and didn't get in twice. I played that song perfectly with no mistakes. Do you think I got in? NOOOOOoooooo. My band teacher sucks so nooooo way did I get in; We played in a group. Your supposed to play alone. A solo for the song that your auditioning for. Everyone else practiced once and I practiced for several weeks! I was so pissed off and upset I started bawling. I don't know why. I think it was the part where he said "These people went above and beyond" While I was really the one who went above and beyond just so I could make the cut for that one song. And I was so upset I didn't get in. I packed up my stand and trumpet and left right then, even though the 3:00 bell hadn't rang yet. I hate my band instructor. (Sorry if you play WP, but seriously...) Look upon the masterpiece I have just typed. Look upon my horrible day...
Beware The Rebels...
Melting Pain =3

Re: Just my Luck. My Horrible, Horrible Luck.

Postby Vennenum » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:16 pm

As a former member of our high school's marching and concert bands, I hear you. I didn't always get to do what I wanted to do.

Sometimes you need to be able to take the rejection. You're not always going to get picked. I'm not saying the instructor was right, dealing you a black hand like that, but it's not going to be your last chance, especially if you've got a couple more years in HS. Or since you don't like the instructor, maybe you can find an outside youth orchestra or symphony to participate in. Those are pretty fun too.
Vennenum

Re: Just my Luck. My Horrible, Horrible Luck.

Postby Destinations End » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:06 am

I'm really sorry you had such a bad day..

Do you think it's possible having detention for beating those other students up was the reason you weren't picked for the solo though? That's probably, at least part of the reason you weren't chosen.

I'm actually kind of shocked you only got detention for that; If you went to any of the schools I went to while I still was in school you'd have been either expelled, suspended for at least a semester/quarter, with the extreme possibility of even having been picked up by the authorities(and your parents would have to actually pay for them to release you into their custody, or you might be kept overnight/for several nights before your parents were even given the choice to pay for them to release you) for beating other students up like that, two would definitely result in expulsion and being picked up by the cops.

For the band solo part of this, whether or not detention played a part in you not being chosen, other students also could of been practicing at home, I highly doubt you were the only one who practiced for more then an hour, some of your classmates probably practiced a ton, at home, on there own time because they also wanted to get chosen for the solo.

I do agree with Ven, you're not always going to get picked, no one is always picked every single time in their life.
It's also definitely not going to be your last chance, you're still pretty young.
Just keep working harder and keep practicing, whether you keep up with it at school, or find classes to take out of school.
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Return to Growl