Crush problems

Need to vent? This is the place.

Crush problems

Postby Keeper of the Lost » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

{EDIT}I used to be really close to my crush, but now that we only have one class together, we haven't spoke all year. In years past, I relied on Orchestra to talk to him, as he sat next to me. For a while, people would always ask if we're a couple, and we'd both bashfully deny it. This year, I originally had no classes with him, until I had to switch homerooms. The first day I was in there, he stopped by and asked why I was in this class. So at least he notices stuff like that. The previous year, he'd always complement me and notice if I got new shoes or something. He'd tease me and give me nicknames, ask to borrow my viola for no reason, etc. My friends have been trying to figure out if he likes me, and they say he does. (Though they don't really talk to him..) One friend's theory is that he just started liking me and got really shy. Another says he's having a hard time talking to me because we don't really see each other. Pretty much everyone says he is interested, which I kind of believe, but here's the big thing that makes me doubt: He has multiple ex-girlfriends. He asked all of them out, so this is where I get confused. If he can ask them out, why not me if he's truly interested? Again, another friend suggested that he is getting mixed signals from me, which I can believe. There is this whole thing that this one guy and I are secretly together, but we're just friends. I don't know how to fix that if that's the case.

I just can't tell! Some say he's totally into me, others say there's no chance. It's hard.
I wish I could tell.
Anyone want to PM me to help me sort it out?
Den 135720
Last edited by Keeper of the Lost on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of the Lost

Re: Crush problems

Postby Sahara » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Hey there!
I find the easiest way to tell is to simply ask them. If it's bothering you that much, it's best to just ask and figure it out once and for all. Worst case scenario they say no; if that happens you can simply move on and not have to waste your time wondering. :)
Best of luck with figuring it out! ^^

Avatar (c) manicsfan.deviantart.com
Signature (c) #46429
Sahara

Postby Nebulae1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:15 pm

I have the same problem.

What I did, (finding out he actually liked me. We have been dating for a few weeks now)

I asked him if he liked me, and told him I liked him.

The back up plan, if he said no, was to say it was a dare, and that one of my friends dared me too. (If you cant lie very well, I wouldn't go about this approach!)

Good Luck dearie! PM's are always open if you want to chat :)
Nebulae1

Postby Keeper of the Lost » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks, both of You! I'll consider telling him after break is over. If I get the courage to do it, that is. I think the "tell him it was a dare." Is a good back-up.
Keeper of the Lost

Postby Apothecary » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:34 pm

First of all, people fall apart all the time, its not 100% his need to talk to you. It has to be a 50/50 effort

Also, this triggers me. His past relationships are none of your business. They will never be any of your business. As your past relationships will never be his. I hate when people go by that. It doesn't matter.
Apothecary

Re: Crush problem

Postby Destinations End » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Just ask him.

I strongly don't recommend taking the 'it was a dare' approach; what if he truly likes you but says 'no' because he is just to shy or worried you won't feel the same way? If you tell him it was a dare it will probably change his true feelings for you and start to think you weren't the person he thought you were.

Just talk to him and see what happens.
I do agree with Apothecary, it shouldn't be based on either his past relationships or your past relationships.
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Return to Growl