Work... -.-

Need to vent? This is the place.

Work... -.-

Postby Selvester » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Work work work work work... Ugh. Where do I even start.

The store manager, let's call him... RH. Oh our new store manager. I want to use a lot of very unflattering language with him. Now don't get me wrong he seems like a nice enough guy... but that's sort of the problem! HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE PEOPLE. A store manager who can't manage people.. >.>
There have just been SO many issues between people since he took over. Now yeah I get it... there is going to be some turnover and adjustment period. Usually a six month period is average... but it's been almost a year now and things only seem to be getting worse. There have been about three major incidents in the last four months that have led people to go above his head and basically to corporate that there are issues going down. And what's the most he's done to solve the issues? Have everyone sign a harassment form after the first incident... Nothing seems to have changed since then. Honestly I could go on and on and on about him but I'm just gunna get more worked up from that so I'm going to leave it there... So moving on.

One of my good friends, we'll be calling him... Uhh... Ziggy. Well Ziggy has only been here a few month but he honestly became one of my best friends almost instantly. He's like the big brother I never wanted. Despite the fact that I'm the older one in our relationship. Which is basically built around us tormenting each other. He whips me with a towel, I rub liquid sugar on his arm, he draws pictures in ketchup on the counter, I chuck barbeque sauce at him... stuff like that. xD
Well Ziggy had his last day Saturday... He'll be going into the army (boot camp) in January and won't end until June. I'll see him once or twice this next week, but then he'll be gone and not sure I'll get to see him again. He was supposed to return to work after he got out of boot camp, but because of the issues mentioned above with the store manager... I don't think he intends to be coming back, so... I'm not sure I'll ever see him again after this week...

And then theres... were going to call her Kay... Then there is Kay who is a pathological liar. I am honestly working up to the point where I can't stand this woman... She thinks we are best friends. Well my best friend lives in Iowa... I think Kay is just lonely honestly and needs a friend. Cool. But if she want's a friend, maybe she should actually start treating me as a friend. All she seems to do is use me in one way or another. I can't trust a thing she says, I honestly think she just needs drama in her life. In the last two years I have known her she has been pregnant three times, basically every time she gets a new boyfriend, and miscarried twice (so far, I expect the third will come in the next month or so). Lately she has been spreading lies about me, her supposed best friend... We had this annoying guy about a year or so ago... WORST employee ever and sooo annoying. To this day he is probably at the top of my list. There was an incident when he was here where I had to yell at him because he just wasn't doing his job and was in the way. All I did was yell. Raised my voice a little. That was it. But the way Kay tells it, I aparently beat this guy. Physically beat him up... Which never happened! I raised my voice a little that was it...

Oh and aparently I snuck out the back last week. Which never happened either. Kay SPECIFICALLY told me to go out the back! Since the last month or so we have started locking the lobby at midnight, and I guess the locks on one side are kinda iffy. So she didn't want us (myself and the other guy working) accidentally leaving the door unlocked. Okay, makes sense, whatever. But because we went out the back LIKE SHE TOLD US TOO, we now suddenly snuck out?? And didn't do our job?? When I ALWAYS do my job and have an excellent reputation for doing so... Wow... thanks. I'm just glad to say no one really believed it.

There was also an incident where she told me Ziggy, who I would consider a closer friend than she is, was going to write me up. Kay and I had been doing cash in the office and aparently ignoring the other three up front when they needed help. And because of this, he was going to write us both up and make it so we weren't allowed to do cash together anymore... which fine. I don't really need the help to begin with. But not too fond of the idea of being written up. But given who was telling me this I wasn't sure how much stock I should take in what was being said. So I told Ziggy to clear things up... He never said he was going to write either of us up. He told Kay off for not coming up to help when they needed it while I did cash. But Kay ignored the fact that they needed help and stayed in the office with me... Not that it's ALL Kays fault, Ziggy is a little at help too. If they really needed help that much one of them could have come back and asked in person and if Kay wouldn't go help them, I would have stopped to help them myself. I'm not a jerk you know...

Honestly I could go on and on about her too, just like the store manager, but I'm gonna leave it at that for now before I get worked up again...
Signature & Avatar (c) Styles #54
Selvester

Re: Work... -.-

Postby Aventura » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Dear lord help us now.
      Who on earth put him in freaking charge!?
      Mod since: 10/12/16
Aventura

Postby Maniax » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Who on earth decided to make him manager?!
Also, Ziggy, nice name choice.
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack, so go on, throw me
Image <Shadow, my baby boy
Maniax

Postby askatasunak » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm

about the same scenario goes on at my new job i feel like quitting, and going back to taking care of my animals as a job.
askatasunak

Postby Selvester » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

I don't know whose decision it was but it was a poor decision...
And of course coming back from my little vacation a few weeks ago my availability was suppose to be changing as classes will be starting again next week. Well the last time my availability changed it took him over a month to get it right. A MONTH. It's not that complicated! I could work X Y and Z but I need A B and C off because I have class those days. But he was still scheduling me days I couldn't work. It took me going to the first assistant, the kitchen manager, the people manager, AND my brother who I have been sharing a car with so not having the right hours for me messes up his schedule too. It took all of us constantly hounding him about this before he finally seemed to be able to make something that worked.

Now with my availability changing again he seems to be messing it up again... I'll find out my schedule for next week by the end of the day but at least for the last two weeks he has been trying to schedule me in on Tuesday which is the one day I will have class this semester... The ONE day I will definitely need off. And he has been trying to get me in at noon on Mondays which I can't do if my brother is working until 3 in the afternoon... I hate sharing a car but until I can get one of my own I have to. Which is something he can't seem to keep straight. The earliest I can come in is for 4 since it takes about 30 minutes for him to come home then 30 tops for me to go in. And that is how it has been basically since I started closing shifts so I don't understand why he thinks he can change it now. Did I say I could come in for noon? No. My availability has always been for 4 or later. And then Sunday's have just been a scheduling mess honestly... He has me closing the grill this Sunday then out at 10, even though I have never had to close it before... and then he has our Sunday grill manager running the front in my place and doing cash till 1, even though he was promised he wouldn't have to do cash alone? It just makes no sense and were probably just going to switch when we get in honestly. It's just a mess and I want to know what he is thinking when he does the schedule cause really.... It's just a mess.
Signature & Avatar (c) Styles #54
Selvester

Return to Growl