People assuming things about people in the south

Need to vent? This is the place.

People assuming things about people in the south

Postby askatasunak » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:50 pm

You know having fun in the park with your dog because it's to wet in your yard at the moment to play in your on yard, and you need a break. So you sit on a bench, and a snow bird (people form the north) wearing about three layers with a fluffy coat on top says hello. Then they notice I'm only wearing a t-shirt, and jeans in 40 degree weather wondering how I was wasn't shivering. She says these exact words. "How are you not cold? Aren't you one of them southerners or something?" Oh boy did that make my blood boil just because we live in warmer weather doesn't mean we have no cold tolerance.
askatasunak

Re: People assuming things about people in the south

Postby Galaxy ~ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:59 pm

I live in Maryland USA, and it gets pretty cold here in the winter. But I only wear regular leggings, t-shirts, and a regular jacket. I'm not cold. I'm not a South person. Heck, I've never been to the south. I've always lived up here.
Asked for Permission, I could use it.
Galaxy ~

Postby Destinations End » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm not from the south or anywhere near it(Washington state), but I don't get cold(unless I'm extremely sick). I've gone out in the snow, temperature below freezing, wearing only a tee shirt, sneakers and shorts(no hat, scarf, gloves, boots, etc.) and stayed out for at least fourty-five minutes or more. I've done this many times. The cold never bothers me.

Heat, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I can't stand the heat. My limit is 50-55 degrees. Lately our summers rarely go below 85-90 degrees(which used to never happen). Even sitting in an air conditioned room, wearing only a tank top and shorts, I can barely stand it and sweat horribly.

I get why that'd make you mad though, personally any stereotype makes me mad
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Postby ~Dawnguard~ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 am

I live in Canada, so I've never really gotten that but I have gotten a whole bunch of "Canadian" sterotypes where everyone thinks we talk weird or say certain words all the time, or we'd cut off an arm and a leg to help a stranger cause we're 'so helpful' etc, and it really bothers me because I have never met anyone who has done any of that, so I at least sort of understand your frustration, just in a different way.
Siggy Credits: Sheyffer@Tumblr

Beautiful Flowers Always Have Thorns

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12868
Join my roleplay, if you dare!
~Dawnguard~

Return to Growl