Stupid Classmate!

Need to vent? This is the place.

Stupid Classmate!

Postby LarkInBattle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

I. Am. Just. So... Angry.

Background:
There is a girl in my science class (Let's call her Sunny) who was, up until about a month ago, a boy. We've been specifically asked to use the "she" and "her" pronouns for her. She's been missing some school days here and there.

Why I am Angry:
The event took place a few days ago. I was sitting in science, and working on a worksheet. The SUPER annoying guy (Let's call him Stupid) behind me began to speak to his friend sitting next to him (Let's call the friend Meh). Me being the eavesdrop I sometimes am, I listened in.

Stupid to Meh: "Where is Sunny? He hasn't been here in a few days."

At this point I turn around and glare at him. He shuts up. Stupid is under the assumption that I just don't want them talking in class. I turn back around.

Stupid to Meh: "He-You know what? Let's just call him it."

I've reminded him about using she instead of he before, and it was probably to hard for his inconsiderate brain. He probably thought he was being nice or something.

Stupid to Meh: "It's just confused. It looked better as a boy."

It. Looked. Better. As. Boy.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! It's one thing to use the wrong pronouns, I understand that it can be harder for some people to use different pronouns. BUT SAYING SHE LOOKED BETTER AS A BOY, AND THAT SHE IS CONFUSED?????? You can't be serious. This just- ugh. Pisses me off so much. Sunny needs support right now, not disapproval from classmates. God, I just... I just can't.

Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

I won't be on lots, I got a puppy!
LarkInBattle

Re: Stupid Classmate!

Postby Destinations End » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 pm

That's just wrong of those two boys to be saying things like that. Have you told a teacher?

Saying she looked better as a boy, as wrong as that is, is there any possibility that the boy who said that is a homosexual(or bisexual) and he had a crush on Sunny beforehand? Or is he just plain rude, inconsiderate, and unsupportive? Either way, he has no right to be saying things like that.

Maybe you, and other classmates, could make sort of a support group for her. Write cards, draw things, and do various other things and give them to her in a sort of a care package, only in this case it'd be a support package, or something along these lines. Just so she knows she's supported and has people there for her.
Last edited by Destinations End on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Postby LarkInBattle » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 am

Destinations End wrote:That's just wrong of those two boys to be saying things like that. Have you told a teacher?

Saying she looked better as a boy, as wrong as that is, is there any possibility that the boy who said that is a homosexual(or bisexual) and he had a crush on Sunny beforehand? Or is he just plain rude, inconsiderate, and unsupportive?

No, I haven't. I don't want word to get around back to Sunny that she isn't fully supported. I think that the classmate who said all those things is straight, but I don't want to make assumptions. I think he was just rude, inconsiderate, and unsupportive, like you said. Also, Sunny has come out as a lesbian as well as transgender.

LarkInBattle

Postby Destinations End » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:14 am

LarkInBattle wrote:No, I haven't. I don't want word to get around back to Sunny that she isn't fully supported. I think that the classmate who said all those things is straight, but I don't want to make assumptions. I think he was just rude, inconsiderate, and unsupportive, like you said. Also, Sunny has come out as a lesbian as well as transgender.

There will always, sadly, be unsupporters.
She needs to know there are people who do support her, even when some don't.
I edited my last post, probably while you were writing yours, with some ideas of showing her support. It doesn't have to be the idea I wrote, but anything to show her support would be great. I'm sure she'd appreciate to know not everyone is against her.
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Postby Sahara » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear about that, though unfortunately as Destination's End said, there will always be people who don't understand or support. I'm sure Sunny would be very happy to know they have a friend like you out there, and that you support them 100%. As long as you show support and her friends show support as well, it'll hopefully show those boys that it's a social norm to accept people for who they are.

Avatar (c) manicsfan.deviantart.com
Signature (c) #46429
Sahara

Postby LarkInBattle » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm

When Sunny was first preparing to go back to school, the councilors went to all her classes and asked the students in those classes to not make a big deal about her returning or her switch. My school has a LGBTQA+ Alliance club for the community and its supporters, so she can go there if she needs moral support. I don't want to embarrass her by making a care package, but I'm doing what I can.

LarkInBattle

Return to Growl