Poor Puppy...Birth Defected Doberman...Stupid Breeder.

Need to vent? This is the place.

Poor Puppy...Birth Defected Doberman...Stupid Breeder.

Postby Loki Laufeyson » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:53 am

The breeder of my puppy insists she is fine, and the vet too.But they never checked their feet! (To be clear, the vet that the breeder took the puppies to, not the one our family has)

My poor pup has restricted toe and now is 9 months, the pain she had to live through, we have to get the toe removed as her toe pad is broke/split and you can see her bone which is now a greyish color due to its exposure.

Around when she was 1-2 months she couldn't even walk for a whole week due to the toe which affected her whole leg, we had to help her outside and help stand her up so she could use the restroom, even if she was hungry/thirst we had to help somehow..

I'm still mad at the breeder since he won't admit the defect and says its a cut..well, it's not!Or else it wouldn't have a permanent damage on her..from birth till 9 months, and signs still show it bothers her, her limps and yelps when she steps a certain way, or her licking the toe tenderly, not cleansing it.Trying to heal/make it feel better.
Last edited by Loki Laufeyson on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Loki Laufeyson

Location: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters...fangirling all over the place.x3

Re: Unconvincing Breeder/Dog injury

Postby Deadly sins » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:35 am

Oh my, that sounds horrible. Well I say you should sue the vet or Breeder if he said there was nothing wrong or get a new one. And I have the same problem with a vet. My German Shepherd has a hernia and the vet said it was fine and said i should breed her since her customers want german shepherd puppies. -_- uhg I seriously wanted her to get fired since she didn't do nothing about her hernia and said i should breed my dog with a hernia that could rune the pups and put a risk to my dogs life.

Though I hope your pup gets better
Insanity is just a word people use when the truth they see wasn't what they wanted .
Deadly sins

Location: Somewhere quiet Rare that a deer went and sang to a bear because of a dare

Postby sirius black, » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Poor pup!
    11 TONYS WHO-HOO! WE'LL GET THE FOSTERS NEXT YEAR!
sirius black,

Postby Loki Laufeyson » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks guys.I have to give my pup doggy pills to help ease the pain..sometimes it'll swell up and what not.

But the breeder made her a lower price due to the defect which he never admitted.

As you can see the split in the toe..I can't get a close/be good image due to the pup moving her leg when I you her toe..
Hopefully removing the toe helps.
You can also feel her toe bone and its not like the rest, and in the split you can see exposed bone but its a dullish grey color..

@Deadly Sins
Aww, poor dog.Some vets/etc are stupid andi wonder how they got the job in the first place, they e supposed to help and notice issues.xP
I hope your dog gets better too.
Breeding her is not a wise choice, vets need to be aware that the issue isn't minor, it needs to be treated correctly..xP
Once again I hope your dog is/gets better. :3

And we were going to show my pup but nope, she has a defect and wouldn't be able to, as well as her breeding we were going to breed her as well until the defect started to be noticed.
Last edited by Loki Laufeyson on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Loki Laufeyson

Location: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters...fangirling all over the place.x3

Postby LarkInBattle » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Poor dog. :( Sometimes we forget that they are creatures of this world, just like us...
Last edited by LarkInBattle on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

I won't be on lots, I got a puppy!
LarkInBattle

Postby Loki Laufeyson » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Look, the breeders are notified about this.They just don't care/won't help, there was a DISCOUNT which I mentioned they gave for her.Her defect is to be taken care of before the end of summer or around that time.
Loki Laufeyson

Postby Tangle » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:27 am

Loki your poor dobe DX.
If I ever catch scent of that stupid breeder, I will go to them myself and kill them.
I love dobes and if anybody tried to do that this with me, I would freak
Duck, my cutie Pie :3
Mr.Cutie Patootie my Dragon-Fox Kit
Flix My 55R
http://www.wolfplaygame.com/wolf.php?id=814589
Tangle

Postby sirius black, » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:26 pm

I think their head would make a very nice in a picture frame. maybe the round one with gold and silver?
    11 TONYS WHO-HOO! WE'LL GET THE FOSTERS NEXT YEAR!
sirius black,

Postby Tangle » Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 am

gotham lights wrote:I think their head would make a very nice in a picture frame. maybe the round one with gold and silver?

yep very nice :3
Duck, my cutie Pie :3
Mr.Cutie Patootie my Dragon-Fox Kit
Flix My 55R
http://www.wolfplaygame.com/wolf.php?id=814589
Tangle

Postby Loki Laufeyson » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Update!

Whiskey is doing just fine now, besides the occasional limps from time to time...she'll be visiting g her breeders soon and we will show them her injury before removing the toe, which will help her so very much!
Soon after or along that time she still be getting fixed due to her abnormalities within her (started her heat at a too young of age as a pup around 3 months of age.. ) but now she's getting onto the right cycle with that, besides being in heat longer than she's supposed to..

She's now coming on her birthday!
Finally will be a year old soon!!
Loki Laufeyson

Next

Return to Growl