Awkward English class

What made you wag your tail today?

Awkward English class

Postby Citadel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:52 am

Once upon a time I was in my AP English class. We do a lot of partner work in this class, and out teacher often pairs us up randomly (by birthday, alphabetical order, height etc.). For some reason I always get paired with the same kid. It is completely by chance but somehow it always works out that I am paired with this same kid. (For clarity, I am female and the other student is male). Today we lined up in alphabetical order by first name, people on opposite ends of the line were paired up and so on inward. Low and behold, I was once again paired with the same kid.

I should mention that I don't mind partnering with him, because he is a good student and we get our work done. However, we are total opposites, he is more than a foot taller than me, he is loud and I am soft-spoken, he is athletic and I am not and so on.

Anyway, today when we were paired up he decided to make a comment to the teacher, somewhat loudly so the whole class could hear, about how we somehow managed to be always paired together. My teacher's witty response was, "Well, maybe you two should date." Now, we remember, the whole class is listening to this little conversation, being an AP class they didn't laugh, it was just silent for what seemed like a full minute. It was just sooooo awkward! We both just kind of made faces for a second and then sat down didn't talk about it. We finished our work and everything but I felt like you could cut the tension with a knife.

Thinking back on it I have no idea if the whole class was listening to the conversation, but it sure felt like it. Tell me your thoughts on this awkward situation, and I apologize if my grammar is not the best, it is 1 in the morning for me. I thought this fit better in Tail wags than in growl, because the whole situation was so awkward. When I told my friend about this she laughed for about forever. ;p

My life is a mess. If I forget to reply to your post please PM me!
Citadel

Re: Awkward English class

Postby Maniax » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:06 pm

XD
Is he cute?
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack, so go on, throw me
Image <Shadow, my baby boy
Maniax

Postby Citadel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 pm

He is pretty cute tbh.

Citadel

Postby Maniax » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Then be glad!
:3
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack, so go on, throw me
Image <Shadow, my baby boy
Maniax

Postby Citadel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:07 am

Update: Today we were again in the same group and my teacher sat down to give us advice on our writing and instead just said something along the lines of "You know Kim, I am sure Dmitri would be a real gentleman on a date. And Dmitri I'm sure Kim would be a lot of fun to go on a date with." She won't let it go! Dmitri and I have a silent agreement to never speak of this situation, but she keeps bringing it up! I am dying of awkwardness!

I hope everyone reading this is enjoying the chronicle. ;)

Citadel

Return to Tail Wags