Too Good To Be True?

What made you wag your tail today?

Too Good To Be True?

Postby Border Collie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:30 am

So I was browsing the "interwebs" when I saw an add for a filly that was under $1,000. I checked the add and it was only $500 for an Arabian filly, and it was in my area at that. The filly had a very calm temperament, but since it's so young I can't tell if it'll change over time (most likely). They didn't give any information on the condition though, so I don't know if it has any diseases or not. The rest of the add was fine, but they didn't have any information on the horse, which is preeeeeeeetty suspicious. And for only $500? Something seems up. :I
"I'd love to know who I once was, but that's not who I am now, so it doesn't matter." - Me

"Well Rooster, I am shot to pieces. Seems as though neither of us is to see Judge Parker."
Border Collie

Re: Too Good To Be True?

Postby Sahara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:24 pm

I'd definitely ask to go see the animal and inspect it for yourself. If they're selling her that cheap it could be that she's not broke, has some sort of medical issue, or simply the owners can't afford to keep her and need her gone. There's many reasons people sell animals, so I would advise being very cautious. As well, if you don't already own horses I'd advise learning more about owning these animals and all the work that they require (and how expensive they really are to keep!), just so you know what you're getting yourself into! Good luck!

Avatar (c) manicsfan.deviantart.com
Signature (c) #46429
Sahara

Postby Busterfan1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 pm

I follow a simple rule with horses. If it's good and sound, it's not cheap. Cheap and sound? Not good. Cheap and good? Not sound. All three? Question the owner's moral integrity.
Busterfan1

Postby Destinations End » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Yeah.. it seems pretty suspicious..
To me it almost seems the horse could be stolen property. A good owner, of any animal(not just horses), would keep documented information about the animal, and be more than happy to share the information to any potential buyer.

If I were in your position, I'd probably check lost, missing and/or stolen ads for horses, if one shows up that seems to match the horse, it would be very likely the horse this person is selling so cheap either stole the horse or found it if it escaped it's home and didn't bother to check if someone was missing a horse.
~
- Not all those who wander are lost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
~
Image Image
Image Image
Destinations End

Return to Tail Wags