The Great War (Dragon/Human War Roleplay--RP Thread!!!)

The Great War (Dragon/Human War Roleplay--RP Thread!!!)

Postby Spirit's Cry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 am

Sign-Ups

You do not need to fashion me into the maiden that needs saving from a dragon. I am the dragon, and I will eat you whole.

The leaves on the trees are turning colors, from bold and bright greens, to hues of orange, yellow, and red. But that is not the only change that is taking place. Right now, there is peace. Beautiful, sweet peace that we all sometimes take for granted. But soon, tensions will rise between the two-legged humans and the two-winged dragons. Right now, there is peace, yes peace. However, soon, peace will become war. And not just any war, the kind of war that rips a kingdom up by its roots and flips it upside-down. The kind of war that places brother against brother, and friend against friend. Families will be torn, and friendships will be shredded to unrecognisable pieces. For this is the Great War, the war that pits humans against their once-dragon brothers. It has not happened yet, no, for even now dragons and humans are soaring through the skies together, and eating with one another at dinner tables. But it will come soon. For the king that reigns the humans now is old, and soon, death will carry him into another place. But his son, his only son is not as kind and as wise as his father is. He believes that the dragons are mere beasts, with no soul and no real intelligence within them. He has built up a wall against the dragons, and as soon as he becomes king, beware, beware, O dragons, for he will rise up. The dragons know this. Oh yes, they understand the situation, but some, the older, wiser dragons that have lived longer with the humans, they will keep trying, trying to build up a better world for both the humans and the dragon. They will stay with their human friends as long as they can, doing their best to convince the young prince that his perception is incorrect. However, the younger, more untrustworthy dragons who have not known the humans for as long, they know, know that it is too late for them. Even now, they are beginning to steal livestock from the humans' pastures and are even planning to kill the young prince. You see now, it is too late. For even though many people know the dragons for what they truly are, there are younger and more untrustworthy humans as well. They, even now, are stealing eggs from their nests and following the young prince in all that he says and does. Now you see, this is a perfect combination. A combination, that is, for WAR.

Human Side of the Great War
--Jaya/F/Monsterrife
--Syshonei/F/Snowed In Wings
--Avlar/M/VendettaWolves
--Emerek/M/HelloThere
--Prince Kenna/M/Spirit's Cry
--Zander/F/Spirit's Cry
--Khandalyce/F/OfftheCliff
--Khione/F/OfftheCliff

Dragon Side of the Great War
--Jayden/F/Spirit's Cry
--Rebel/M/Spirit's Cry
--Xiuhcoatl/F/Monsterrife
--Tsiral/F/Dawnguard
--Delta/M/Dawnguard
--Plasma/F/OblivionSolitude
--Noctume/F/VendettaWolves
--Everest/F/Unconquered

Hybrids
--Zeno/M/VendettaWolves
--Keila/F/Spirit's Cry

Season: Fall
Weather: It's cloudy and softly raining, with possible thunderstorms later in the night.
Looks: Dark, low thunderclouds.
Temperature: 46 F
Time of Day: Late Evening

You may now post!
Last edited by Spirit's Cry on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~Mark Twain~
Spirit's Cry

Location: Hanging out with Scotty on the Enterprise. Care to join me?

Re: The Great War (Dragon/Human War Roleplay--RP Thread!!!)

Postby VendettaWolves » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Marking this real quick. Will post for mine tonight!!! :D
If fear approaches, say: Get the hell outta my way, I've got things to do.
Credits: memecomedy@DA
VendettaWolves

Postby Snowed in Wings » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Marking
(Credits: Font by: Spirit's Cry; Picture by: cosmorider87@wall.alphacoders.com)
Anything you can imagine is real... So think up something
Snowed in Wings

Location: Sitting next to Rey in a galaxy far, far away, making myself a lightsaber. Come join me?

Postby Citadel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Marking. Will try to post soon.
Last edited by Citadel on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Citadel

Location: Hiding in my room from the responsibilities of life.

Postby VendettaWolves » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Noctume--F--Dragon
Noctume's eyes glowed brightly in her cave, her blue and black form matching well against the shimmering gemstones of the shadows. Humans knew of her, the 'Dark Dragon' some called her, others the "Winged Shadow', and still other names ranging far and wide. Humans would dare each other to venture into the secretive, mysterious home of the equally as secretive and mysterious dragon, but none would follow through. Deep, deep inside her dark mind, Noctume was actually quite the friend. But not many friends were to be had when you didn't interact with anyone who could be friends. Huffing, Noctume stepped further into the dark, allowing her blue markings to glow in an almost neon state while the rest of her body, the profound charcoal parts, were hidden amongst the shadow.

Zeno--M--Hybrid
Zeno dashed between trees, running with bow in hand, arrows in a hold on a strap that ran diagonally around his neck and down his back, only to loop up across his chest from the other side. Now he remained earthbound, occasionally stopping to peek through the bushes and watch them. The humans. He didn't speak with them much, as he was reasonably shy until you got to know him. Then, social things were not a problem. Zeno stayed among the dragons mostly, though he was a hybrid. He would stay distant from the humans, occasionally interact with a passerby that ran into him. Otherwise, Zeno was pretty much just a loner among the winged ones. Now spreading his wings, Zeno flapped them hard a couple times, the wingspan majestic against the warrior human frame. Now above the tree line, Zeno gazed around from a higher view, tail flicking as he was airborne.
VendettaWolves

Postby ~Dawnguard~ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Trial, F, Dragon

Tsiral shuffled around in a tree she had been sleeping in, russelling the leaves around, though no one could see her. Soon, scale by scale, her large body turned to a silvery color with ripples of orange and light gold being pushed around. I must've slept in late again, She thought, but quickly brushed the thoughts aside and opened her currently blueish-violet wings, lifting off the tree she had slept on and pushing into the air. From what she could tell, it was already afternoon, and slowly she let her wings shift to a yellow-red gradient, which matched the skies better, even though she didn't care for camoflauging herself at the moment.
She carried herself forward on her large wings, every now and then a loud whoosh sound filling the empty air around her as her wings beat heavily. Tsiral was currently looking for something to eat. Preferably she was looking for a deer herd, in which she could hunt a few and have enough food for a small meal.
Although unsuccessful in finding food, she soon came across a large river, and landed down next to it with a big thud, her tail accidentally whipping into the water as she landed, causing it to rain down for a moment. Turning around, she quietly lowered her head and drank some of the water, vivid blues coming across her face, neck, and stomach as she drank.
Siggy Credits: Sheyffer@Tumblr

Beautiful Flowers Always Have Thorns

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12868
Join my roleplay, if you dare!
~Dawnguard~

Postby Citadel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Eksa | Female | Dragon

It was a beautiful autumn afternoon. The trees were all shades of red, orange and yellow, the grass had turned a pale green. The sun hung low in the clouded sky, winter was coming, and soon. The light breeze ruffled the wings of the massive green dragon, she was on the ground napping after a successful morning hunt of the human’s sheep. She lifted her head, slowly, and gazed around the large clearing in which she lay. She ought to return to her cave high in the mountains, it was getting late. She did not want to leave her cavern abandoned when the night came and the humans raided the dragon nests. They had not yet found her cozy citadel, and she intended on frying them if they did. Standing, she spread her immense wings and took flight, gliding in a low circle around the clearing before she headed off to the mountain.

As far as Eksa knew, no other dragons inhabited this peak, and she liked it that way. Other dragons had sympathy for humans, they did not understand how evil humans are. She landed on the ledge that lead into her cave and let out a relieved sigh, no one had disturbed it. She was safe for another day, who knew how long safety would last in this fragile world. The King was dying and soon war would come to this land. She was ready. She would defeat the humans. She would kill them all for what they did to her.

Ferant | Male | Human

{Will check in after the prince...}
Citadel

Postby VendettaWolves » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Zeno--M--Hybrid
Zeno felt the wind, which had gained speed and power, resisting against his wings. Gripping his bow tightly in his claw-like hands, Zeno spun through the air, then tucked his wings to dive against the wind currents before widely turning and spreading his wings, now in the wind direction. The gales from his altitude flew beneath him, and he rose horizontal as he glided around the human kingdom as a distant shape to the earthbound people. Nearing a river. Another dragon seemed to be at a rest there, and he didn't know if it was hostile or not and kept his space as he neared. Tucking his wings again slightly, Zeno circled to a stop at the ground, fluttering for a minute above it before touching down, on the opposite side of the river as the dragon and a ways away. The sun had dipped behind a gathering of clouds for a minute before they cleared again, the back and forth sun lighting and fading having been happening all afternoon. Though hybrids were friends with both their mixes, humans and dragons, Zeno always kept his space in respect to others. Now kneeling and scooping water to his mouth, the hybrid took his fill, then glanced around to see if any other creatures were near, as this river section was very close to the human main kingdom, with their surrounding villages just past the treelines.

(By the way, Noctume is small, but an adult. I will be updating her image soon so you can see it, but to put it in perspective she is small enough to perch on a human's shoulder. Just maybe one or two inches larger than Zander's friend dragon in the first page of sign ups. )

Noctume may be a bit smaller than the image below. This image is just to kinda give a good idea of her SIZE, not her look. For her LOOK, see the sign up image. Credits in image. :3
VendettaWolves

Postby Spirit's Cry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Jayden/F/Dragon

Jayden and Zander both walked together through the forest. Jayden's brilliantly-colored orange, red, and yellow scales matched beautifully up with the bright leaves on the trees overhead. The twosome walked together in silence, simply enjoying the company of each other as they approached a small lake. It was the very place where Jayden had been found many years before. As the two walked along the shore, Zander finally spoke up. "What do you think about what Grandfather said, about the war?" Jayden sighed, she knew that something had been on the girl's mind, and she was sad that this was what it had turned out to be. The night before, Zander's grandfather had been discussing the coming war with her father, and he had turned to her that night, his eyes grave when she asked if he believed that it would really happen. "Aye lassie," he'd told her. "This war is coming to us, whether we like it or not." He'd then gone to bed, complaining about the arthritis in his bones. "I don't know," she said, quietly but honestly. The small, monarch-colored dragon had no idea, though she wanted to believe that it wouldn't happen. Zander, seeing as this upset her mentor, ceased, falling back into step with her guard dragon.

Rebel/M/Dragon

Rebel lifted his elegant snout as a breeze blew by it, bringing with it the scent of prey. Elk, to be exact. His stomach rumbled hungrily as Rebel rose to his feet, his dull orange scales lighting up as the sun's rays hit them. He sighed and spread his large, canopy-like wings, rising quickly into the sky. For a moment, he circled the meadow below him, picking out the most choicey animals of the herd to make a meal from. Suddenly, his wings folded in and Rebel dove like a rocket at the herd. Dismayed bellows rose up from the dust as his talons latched onto the throat of a large, male buck. Soon, its struggles ceased, and Rebel tore into his meal.

Prince Kenna/Human

Kenna rose from a sleep with a shout, soon realizing that he was in the present and he wasn't actually being chased down by monster dragons. Still, he felt unsettled, and hoped that Ferant wouldn't be mad at him if he requested that he come on a walk with him. "Guard!" he called, and a few seconds late a man burst into the room, his sword raised. Seeing as Kenna wasn't in trouble, he lowered his weapon. "What can I do for you, my lord?" he asked, bowing respectfully. Kenna smiled softly to himself. "Get me Ferant, and bring him quick," he said. The soldier nodded and ran out of the room. Kenna sat back, relaxing as his nightmare faded from him.
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~Mark Twain~
Spirit's Cry

Location: Hanging out with Scotty on the Enterprise. Care to join me?

Postby Citadel » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Ferant | Male | Human

Ferant was resting in his quarters when another guard knocked at the door and entered. “The Prince is asking for you. It seems a pressing matter.” “Alright, I am on my way, thank you.” he set down the book he had been reading and rose. Grabbing his spear before he headed out the door, he never went anywhere without it. He half strode, half jogged toward Prince Kenna’s chambers, he was sure it couldn’t be anything too bad. This sort of thing seemed to be happening more and more lately. He gently pushed the finely carved door ajar, “My Lord? Are you well? I was fetched by another guard.” Concern for his friend crossed Ferant’s face as he glanced into the large room.
Citadel

Next

Return to Literate