Saphira and Nightmare - Dragon and Rider RP

Re: Saphira and Nightmare - Dragon and Rider RP

Postby Saphira's Cave » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Kallista Tanin
Laughing slightly by the confused tone in his voice, Kallista shook her head and replied "Tristam, your blushing didn't do this. How could it? I'm pretty sure the red thing you saw was Zophoros' tail. You went flying as he turned to pounce." She smiled at how flustered he seemed but pushed away the grin as he noticed her arm. "Nah, I'm fine! It's only a bruise." She grumbled softly, trying to pull her arm away only to realize that doing so brought another wave of pain. The bright flashes of light that danced before her eyes told her that, although it might only be a bruise, the spot on her arm was still very painful.

Astruvakus
As she flew at the crimson male with a ferocious roar, Astruvakus splayed her wings slightly to startle him but only managed to open them a tiny bit before he lunged forward to meet her. Unprepared for such an action, the silver dragoness made a comical squeaking noise as she was brought back to the ground with Zophoros teeth at her throat and swiftly became pinned again. "Huh! Me? Out of tricks? Never!" She laughed, grinning at the large beast on top of her. After a moment of thought, the perfect trick came to her mind and she executed it.

She extended her head as much as she could while being pinned and moved it towards Zophoros, giving him a swift peck on the very point of his fire-red muzzle. Her eyes sparkled as they looked directly into his for a moment before she swung her wings upwards and battered him with them, pushing him up with her hind legs as she did. As soon as she was able to, Astra scrambled to her feet and tackled the handsome crimson male, using her agility to sweep his feet out from under him. When she landed atop him, she quickly used her talons and strength to put pressure on his chest, her sharp claws laid carefully against his scales as she ascertained that every known weapon of his was disabled.

"Hrr-hrr-hr. Who's got who now?" She laughed, her long, tapering tail swaying gently behind her to help with her balance. "You shouldn't be so sure of yourself, dearest. You may be stronger but I have the advantage of agility...and cunning." The silver warrior chided him, grinning mischievously. Of course, she waited expectantly for him to make yet another move but she was prepared for almost anything now and, despite her wide grin, her eyes had narrowed with focus and determination, giving the sparkling golden hued orbs a strange look as the incoming light was restricted. She was ready for whatever the powerful dragon had in mind as his next move.
Saphira's Art Shop
Very sorry to all RP partners/groups I've been absent from. For the last week, I've been trying to treat a family alpaca for Meningeal Worm but sadly she passed on. I'll try to reply as soon as possible but my muse is lacking.
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:12 am

Tristam Solace

"I don't know," Tristam shrugged, thinking about it, "But you'd be surprised... But I think you're explanation does sound more logical." On that note, he cast a glance at this Friend, who was too busy with Astra to even notice his gaze.
"Yeah, a bruise that looks more like a fracture," Tristam said, eyeing the injury. "See what I mean?" he added when she tried pulling her arm away. "It should be fine though. If it is, it's minor being that it can heal on its own inside your body. Besides, it's not broken."
Standing up as he said the last part, Tristam held out his hand to help the fae up, his face neutral. Thought, when he remembered Astra and Zophoros were still trying to see who was better, he dropped his hand and decided to sit down. He still couldn't get over the fact that Kallista had helped him when she had the perfect chance to hurt him. And he was intent on knowing why.
"Hey.. um... Can I ask you something?" he began, keeping his head down and avoiding eye contact. "Why did you.. why did you help? We've been at each other's throats for I don't know how long, and.. I've done so many bad things to you. Not that you didn't deserve it, but... do you know what I saying?"

Zophoros

Chuckling through his teeth himself, Zophoros said, "Really? It seems to me like you are."
But, the male was more vulnerable than he thought, and didn't give Astra the repeat she deserved, thinking himself better in fighting.
It came as no surprise that the crimson beast loosened his grip on his prize when the sly Dragoness touched his muzzle, and when she locked her powerful, hypnotizing amber eyes to his ruby, he lost it.
"Now wait just a-..." he began in protest, knowing what she was up to, only to get cut off as the very same creature used her wings and hind legs to take him off.
Now in the air, Zophoros quickly recovered himself and rid himself of her entrancing power, shaking his head as he used his own wings to catch himself, landing back on the ground as fast as he was in the air.
It was just then he saw the Silver blur taking his feet from under him, seeing nothing but the flashing of scales as they blinded him momentarily. The next thing Zoph knew, he was staring up at Astra, against whom he was sure to win.

"W-... wait a moment!" he protest in shock, wriggling slightly to see if he could break loose. Her claws, which were slightly under his scales, managed to keep him, however, with the slight pricks against the underlying skin warning him to stop. Another dragon's claws were one of the few things that could withstand the shredding power of scales, and even fewer, was also able to get in between.
"But... but... that's not fair!" he whimpered as if he was a youngster in a fight with another. "You cheated! You can't do that in a fight! And you know what you did!"
Attempting another squirm, Zophoros tried twisting to the side, hoping to get sideways and have Astra slip off, but the positioning of the Dragoness' daggers prohibited him from doing such.
There was nothing he could do. If he tried pushing her off as she did, she could drive her weapons into his chest and effectively finish him. If he tried attacking, she still do the same. And she was right, she did have the agility, so trying to bite her would be futile, as she could quickly evade, then go back to where she was.
There was still one more thing that was available; something that even Astra would be defenseless to.
Fire.
As this range and position, she was done for. He could make mass flows of flame, that could cover a football field in seconds, or he could make liquid streams of fire, that were more precise than lasers.
But this want the place, nor was this a life or dead situation. Besides, he wouldn't be able to bring himself to it, for Astra's eyes were on him, and he couldn't help but feel weak under their gaze.
Sighing, the once proud male knew he was beat, it was like losing a game of highly competitive, not to mention intense, game of chess to the person who you knew you wouldn't be able to beat even if you had the winning move. It was just the way things were.
So, swallowing his pride and closing his eyes, Zophoros brought his head up, exposing his neck, the usual sign that shows the loser knows he lost, and pleads for mercy. It then gives the winner the choice to kill the loser, or let him go, but it shows the winner the loser wishes mercy instead of death.
"I suppose this once," Zophoros muttered, his pride hurting with every passing second, begging him to finish battle. "Could we finish this? Am I to die?" He knew the answer, but wanted some pity.. and maybe catch the Dragoness off guard when she saw how helped he was. He wouldn't do such if the match ended, it would be ungentlemanly and uncalled for. But if she only hesitated...
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Kallista Tanin
Pulling her arm back towards her chest, Kallista groaned in mock exasperation and mumbled "Oh, great! A possible fracture. Like today couldn't be any more eventful." Although she really was in pain, she shoved it aside, determined hide it. She had had plenty of experience doing so in the past so she was pretty skilled in it. But this was the first time she'd had anything worse than a deep cut or a sprain, so maybe it'd be a bit trickier than she thought.

Using her good arm and her legs, she shuffled backwards until she could comfortably lean against the stone wall. By the time she found a good position, Tristam was asking her about why she hadn't used his moment of weakness against him. Scoffing softly, the brunette tilted her head back and rested it against the wall, lifting it up again a moment later to answer "Well, first, I am not a total jerk and I'm not exactly one to beat someone when they're down. Second," She paused for a second, glancing over at Tristam, before finishing. "I think it's time to put the past behind us. We're not little kids anymore." Her voice was soft as she spoke and uncertainty lurked behind the confidence she usually displayed, showing clearly in her sapphire eyes as she wondered how he would respond.

Astruvakus
With an impish grin spread across her elegant face, Astra arched her neck and lowered it to his, holding her muzzle mere inches from his as she responded "Oh, what did I do that was so wrong? We had no rules set beforehand so all's fair in our little game." As he gave the plea for mercy to her, the silver dragoness smirked and extended her wings, displaying them gloriously as she said "No, you shall not meet your demise today. But you have lost this battle." Once she had finished, she retracted her talons and stepped off of the crimson male who she had defeated.

Furling her wings, Astra sat back on her haunches and began to clean her claws, not that they had anything on them. She simply wanted something to do while she waited for Zophoros to rise to his feet. Her eyes darted from the sharp appendages upon each finger of her hand to the fiery scaled beast who was, at least for now, lying pitifully on the floor. The brilliant golden flecks within her eyes were alight and her tail tip flickered restlessly beside her as she watched the magnificent creature begin to rise.
Saphira's Art Shop
Very sorry to all RP partners/groups I've been absent from. For the last week, I've been trying to treat a family alpaca for Meningeal Worm but sadly she passed on. I'll try to reply as soon as possible but my muse is lacking.
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 am

Tristam Solace

Scoffing, Tristam glanced at Zoporos and Astra, watching as they finished their mock battle with Zophoros losing. It was definitely a first, but Tristam found it somewhat humorous.
"Tell me about it," mumbled the male as he got more comfortable. When he had done so, he turned to Kallista, his eyes wandering back to her arm, it then back to her eyes.

Judging by the fae's intro, Tristan was going to get told something serious or otherwise going against the rivalry, but he knew it was probably coming.
Kallista's first statement brought a smile to Tristam's face, looking towards the mouth of the cave as it evolved into a chuckle.
"I know," he said when he had pulled himself together. "I know we're not kids anyway," he quickly added, refusing to agree with he that they needed to put it all behind them. As he turned to her, his brows furrowed when he saw her expression, especially when his eyes met hers for a moment.
"Sure," he said in a slightly edgy, quick manner. "We'll call it quits. Now, why don't we go and get some ice for that arm before I start thinking is a beet."

Zophoros

Narrowing his eyes at Astra, Zophoros gave her a smug look before responding, "You know. And there's always some chivalry that is to be displayed, even during battles."
When Astra showed off, the crimson beast merely rolled his eyes, but couldn't help to smile himself.
"Thank you, honorable maiden," he teased, rolling on his side and looking up at her with his eyes. "Your mercy far exceeds your ok battle skills. Though I must say, you also have quite a bit of luck in battle, don't you, taking on a fellow like me."
Chuckling, Zophoros rolled onto his back, his eyes still on Astra. His laughter increased even more when he saw she was cleaning her claws.

"Well, my Love. It's been.. fun," he said as he stood up and shook himself off. "Perhaps we should try air-to-air combat sometime. Maybe then you shall be outmatched. But until then.." Finishing quickly, the large male jumped forward slightly, stealing a kiss from Astra as he planted it on her cheek. "We should check on Tristam and Kallista."
Giving Astra a wink, he turned and walked over to the two humans, and eyebrow raised as he saw them sitting next to each other and discussing things they should change.
"How is everything between you two," questioned the Dragon, deciding to lie down beside Tristam, "Good, I hope?"
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Kallista Tanin
As Tristam's gaze wandered to the two mighty beasts and their finished duel, Kallista did the same and a smirk crept onto her lips. Her agile silver friend had defeated her worthy opponent in their mock battle and was now sitting off to the side, preening her claws. The sight of the defeated male was hilarious. As Astra had gained the advantage, Zophoros had changed to a pity tactic complete with a woeful tone in his voice. But her dragoness had not fallen for it.

Turning her attention back to Tristam, Kallista's worry grew slightly as he only partially agreed with her but dissipated as soon as he hurriedly added a second portion to his statement. She was silent for a moment as it sunk in that, although their years of anger and hatred towards each other were not forgotten, they had both decided to put their rivalry aside and move on. At his quip about her arm looking like a beet, she laughed and shook her head, responding "It isn't that red. But fine, let's go get some ice." Grunting softly with effort, she hoisted herself to her feet slowly and, once she could stand fully, she brushed her hair back and sighed.

After a brief spasm of pain shot through her arm, Kallista paused and began to think of a possible way to relieve the injured limb of weight. Holding it up gently with the other arm would work for a short while, but a sling would be ideal. Then, just before she gave up the idea, she remembered some scraps of cloth and leather that lay discarded in a corner of the cave. "Hang on. I have to grab something." She quickly informed Tristam before she strode off to retrieve the scraps.

When she had found the pieces and returned to where Tristam stood, she looked at the items in her hand and then turned to her injured arm. How was she going to make the sling? Lifting her eyes slowly to Tristam, she reluctantly asked "Hey, um, could you give me a hand? Quite literally, I suppose." Her failed, and unintended, pun brought a slightly strange grin to her face and helped her to ignore the pain for a few moments but, of course, it eventually returned.

Astruvakus
Smirking mischievously at her crimson friend, Astra gave an astonished smile and said "Oh, that?" After a moment, she heard his tease and replied "You're welcome, fair sir. But I believe your idea of excellent battle skills must be blown extremely out of proportion if you think mine are only okay. And your pride seems to be a bit...overgrown." As she finished, she turned her gaze upwards thoughtfully before flicking it back to his fiery red orbs.

After his challenge in air combat, the silver dragoness smiled competitively and returned "Oh, you are so on. I'll whoop you no mat-" She was startled by his kiss for a moment but swiftly recovered and nodded, following him closely as he moved toward the two humans. Kallista and Tristam did seem to be talking peacefully and their actions were much friendlier than they had been previously.
Saphira's Art Shop
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Tristam Solace

Head cocked to the side and one eye narrowed slightly, Tristam responded, "Yeah... it's getting there."
When Kallista went to stand up, the male found himself helping her up, but when he finally noticed his action, he didn't say anything and acted as if it was nothing big. In reality though, he was wondering why he had gotten accustomed to this "no more rivalry" deal so fast, and was even acting Friendly.

"Soo.. what's the pl-.." he began, putting the thought to the back of his mind and instead focusing on "un-beeting" Kallista's arm. He was cut of as the fae suddenly told him to wait, then went off to get some things. As Tristam stood there awkwardly, he couldn't help but overhear Astra when she said Zoph's pride was a tad overgrown.
"Welcome to the club!" Tristam chuckled, which turned into a laugh. "Zophoros is the most prideful Dragon you'll ever meet! He gets touchy over the smallest of things; accepting challenges that would otherwise be used to mock someone. And he has to win. Ha! Better get used to either losing, or dealing with his hurt ego. Isn't that right, Zoph? Might want to get used to getting your pride hurt." At this point, the teen gave the crimson beast a nudge, a big and bright smile on Tristam's face.

Turning his attention to Kallista when she returned, Tristam's brows furrowed, his eyes running over the materials.
"Getting crafty, I see," Tristam said, another small laugh escaping when he realized what she was doing. Though he gave Kallista a strange look when she said the pun, an awkward smile on his face.
"Yeah," he nodded, "What do you need?"

Zophoros

Sighing at her recognition, Zophoros lifted his head and nodded.
"Yes. That," he coughed, only to drop the subject and deciding to relax. He was brought back into the subject when she suggested her skills were more heightened than his.
"Well... well," he stammered, trying to think of something as he raised his head again. But nothing came, and, sighing once again, brought his head back down, blowing it off and casually closing his eyes as if nothing were happening.

"I guess I'll be quiet now, being I can't win with you. And now have Tristam on your side, despite he's the exact same way," he smiled, yet kept his eyes closed. "But.. I suppose I can live with it. What's losing every once in a while, especially to a Dragoness such as yourself. You can beat me anytime, so long as I can stay close to you."
It was Zoph's turn to smirk, opening a serpentine eye and looking at Astra with it partially closed. The smug look faded, however, and gave way to a soft smile as his pride fully dissipated and gave way to the Love he held for the Dragoness. There was no other creature that could even compare with Astra, not even the Stars, Moon, or Sun matched her radiance, with her scales magnifying their brilliance in dancing spectacles as their light hit the smooth, Silver plates.

Opening both eyes and turning towards Astra, Zophoros let out a stream of flame on the ground, forming half of a heart with the multicolored fire, which burned loosely and lazily, rising only a few inches off the stone floor so as not to cause any harm to anything, and would burn out in a matter of tens of seconds.
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Kallista Tanin
As Tristam laughed softly at her sudden crafting, Kallista released a small chuckle as well before returning "I've always been crafty. You just never noticed." Holding out a larger piece of leather and a few strings, she clumsily maneuvered them around in one hand so she could keep the main piece in her hand and said "Could you hold those two strings for a second? I'll need to cut some holes for them before I can put it all together. She knew that her pocketknife was exactly where it always was and that, despite her injured arm, she would be able to do as she had said.

Astruvakus
At the young man's exclamation, Astra sent a deep chuckle echoing through the cave as a smile lit up her face. "Thank you. I love being in clubs. I think..." Towards the end of her words, a slightly confused look appeared on her elegant face. Even though Kallista had educated the silver dragoness on most human words and customs, there were a few things that had been forgotten over the years. The definition of a club being one of those things.

After the crimson male's speech and the loving smile that followed his smirk, Astra smiled back at him and, without hesitation, replied "I don't ever want you to leave." As she finished, she lifted her eyes to his and marveled at the swirling shades within the red orbs. Zophoros' next action surprised her but also caused her love for him to grow stronger and, before the flames dissipated, she burned the other half of his masterpiece into the stone floor, her fire a myriad of hues but with a brilliant blue being one of the most prominent.

(Sorry about the kind of lackluster post.)
Saphira's Art Shop
Saphira's Cave

Previous

Return to 1x1 Forum