Saphira and Nightmare - Dragon and Rider RP

Re: Saphira and Nightmare - Dragon and Rider RP

Postby Saphira's Cave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:28 am

Astruvakus
As she ran swiftly through the shadowed forest, iridescent tears began to stream down Astra's elegant face, causing her silver scales to glow in the moonlight. Her composure and confidence were shattered and in her mind her thoughts ran rampant as she almost wished that she had never met Zophoros, never fallen for him. But alas, she could never truly wish such a thing. She loved the crimson male and her heart knew, as any dragon's heart would, that he was the only one for her.

When Zof came to land in front of her, she uttered a soft gasp and skidded to a stop, ending her slide mere inches from him. Her muzzle nearly touched his and her wings, which had flared wide to slow her down, swung forward, brushing gently against his own wings. Once she had steadied herself, she stepped back a few feet and, lowering her head, let out a shaky sigh. "Of course Kallista told me." She whispered, her voice pained as she turned to gaze at him. "But I promised your rider that I would stay away. And I am bound to my promise...even if it will kill me." Her tear-filled amber eyes looked straight into his, their depths shining brightly as they begged him to do something. Even she didn't know whether she wanted him to leave and persuade his rider to accept what had happened or stay with her. Confusion and pain ruled her mind as she waited in silence for him to speak.
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Zophoros

Getting somewhat flustered at what had happened, the large male cleared his throat before stepping back as well, trying to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat. His scales had also rippled, looking like fiery waves as they coursed down his body, set on fire by the moonlight that also illuminated this heavenly creature before him.
It was almost too much, and the Crimson male almost made the decision to stay with her forever, right then, but he was reminded of the promise, and it was if someone drove a freezing sword through his heart.
"Yes," Zophoros said at first, but fire could soon be seen at the back of his throat within moments, and his face soon held the anger that came over him.

"I know!" he roared, blasting a nearby tree, which instantly exploded into nothing but ashes as the incinerating fire and heat ate through it like it had been cast into the sun.
"I know," he repeated quietly, his anger quickly subsiding as soon as his eyes locked into Astra's. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry."

Zophoros went silent for a little bit, feeling bad over his outburst, and almost went to give Astra a hug, but the promise came back into his memory, haunting him.
"I'm sorry," he whispered, lowering his head. "For everything.. I will fix it, Astra. I will fix it... I promise."
Zophoros raised his head slightly at this point, knowing that they had to go their ways to protect Astra.
"I just need time," he continued, "Tristam... Tristam is... One of a Kind... you could say.. But... I will have to talk to Kallista about that, then she could tell it to you... Please understand."
Staring straight into Astra's eyes, Zophoros almost collapsed himself, knowing they would have to separate till this could be resolved.
Or worse yet, stay separated, till all the Stars had left the Sky.

"Just promise me, Astruvakus. Even if.. even if we can't meet again... that you'll remember me," Zophoros asked with pleading eyes. "It's not much, but.. just... don't forget. That's all I ask."
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Astruvakus
The gleaming silver dragoness remained silent as the handsome creature before her released his anger on a nearby tree and burned it to nothing in seconds. If she didn't feel so terrible, Astra probably would have joked about his action but she did feel miserable and the immense pain kept her from laughing. As Zophoros reassured her that he would find a way to fix their problem, she desperately longed to have the entire mess behind them. Feeling torn, she lowered her gaze and whispered "I know you'll try your best. Just as I will try to understand your rider's story when Kallista relays your message."

When he lifted his eyes to hers once more and pleaded with her to remember him, she could not resist her heart any longer. Leaning forward, she closed the distance between them and placed a soft kiss on his fire-red cheek, holding it for only a moment before pulling away. "I could never forget you, Zophoros." She murmured, dropping her gaze to the ground as every scale on her cheeks lifted upwards slightly in a draconic blush. "I love you."
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm

{{Yo... >.<}}

Zophoros

Nodding, Zophoros let out a discouraged sigh, keeping his head low as he spread his wings.
"I must be going now," he said, trying to avoid eye contact lest he never leave. "Tr-..."
This time, Zophoros went completely rigid, his eyes going so wide that one would think he was trying to break records. And his body refused to believe his mind, which screamed at it, telling him to back away.
His scales flared, and the spot where she had kissed him began to glow a very deep red, then changed the various colors, not missing one as it shone vibrantly, before going back the red, and fading.

Everything had been forgotten, the promises, broken hearts, misunderstandings, and confusion, and there seems to be nothing left but Astra and he, in their own Beautiful Moment.
The male simply stood there, staring at her, even when she had stopped, and was speaking.
Till a peacful smile spread across his face, and for a very brief moment, it was as if he was alight with every possible color.
They were sealed.

"Woah," was all he managed to get out. "Hehe."
After regaining himself, Zophoros shook his head slightly, still not over what had just happened, and returned to his serious state.
"I Love you as well, Astra. With All of My Heart," he said, going forward and closing the gap till their muzzled almost touched.
For a few moments, the changed male simply stared into her eyes, obviously mezermized, before giving her a kiss of his own. Short, yes, but still full of meaning.
"I must go now," he said quietly, still lingering close to her. "But I will set things straight."
With one final smile, the Crimson Dragon took to the skies, heading back to Tristam.
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:32 pm

As Zophoros stared blankly at her, Astruvakus began to shift uncomfortably, her doubts beginning to shove through and dominate her mind. Had she gone too far? Had she been wrong in assuming he held the same level of love for her as she did for him? But her worries were all in vain and this was proven to her only moments later when a smile lit his face and his love for her began to shine in his eyes.

The magnificent colors that flashed across his cheek startled her for a second but soon became an interesting display of the magic between them. Her amber eyes watched as a myriad of hues shifted through the spot she had placed her kiss. Blues, greens, yellows, and reds, as well as all the shades in between, made an appearance in the brief time it took for the performance to finish. Then they all joined together in an even more grandiose display over his entire body.

Once the brilliant colors had faded, Astra was surprised again as Zophoros moved closer to her and locked his eyes on hers. The silver female soon lost herself in the emotion that his gaze portrayed and was unaware of anything but him. Her breath hitched in her chest as his eyes looked deep into her heart and returned her affectionate words. When he planted his own gentle kiss on her scales, Astra's powerful heart skipped a beat.

Unlike the way her kiss had affected him outwardly, his loving gesture sent a buzz of energy throughout her body. It felt as though every inch of form had been lit with the fire of their love for one another. As he leapt into the air, she released her held in breath with a contented sigh. After a while, her mind cleared and she decided that, while he went back to her cave to talk with Kallista, she would take a leisurely stroll and cherish their moment together.
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Zophoros ___ Tristam

Zophoros had made a change of plans as he flew. He had decided to let Tristam do the talking, instead of him. Tristam would've only took it as a sign of hostility, but who wouldn't, Zophoros would've told Kallista secrets that Tristam had shared to no one but his Best Friend, and that was Zophoros.
The only problem now was getting Tristam out of the tree, and to Kallista and Astra.
"Tristam.. need to talk today. No more running away," said the Dragon as he alighted beside a crackling fire with a skinned rabbit hung over it on a metal skewer. But the human was nowhere to be seen.
Sighing, Zophoros took a few small breaths to get the scents, placing Tristam three trees over where he had slept.
"Come down, Tristam. We need to have this discussion," persisted the creature. "And since when did you mimic squirrels?"
Scoffing, the teen came from behind the tree, jumping from branch to branch then sliding down when there was no more. But when he reached the ground, he only crossed his arms, not saying anything.
Zophoros paused for a moment, turning to the rabbit before clearing his throat.
"I'm not going to l-..."
"If it's about Kallista and Astra, I don't care," Tristam said with an edge as he walked over to the rabbit. "We've already been through this."
Zophoros sighed before lying down. He had much patience.
"I know what you're worried about. And it's not going to happen," Zophoros said.
Tristam merely laughed.
"Right, everyone says that," he replied, fingering the rabbit to see if it was almost done. "But you see, from what Ive seen, is that things are more prone to doing what they said they won't do, than if they didn't. Besides, it always happens. After all, it's True Love."
Zophoros watched Tristam carefully, knowing the best way to catch him, was by his own words. But what had gotten Zophoros a little agitated was Tristam's use of True Love. It was used extremely loosely and dripped with disgust.
"Well, first off. This is like your Fantasy," said Zophoros, getting an idea. And it had obviously gotten Tristam's full attention, for he was about to object with much debate.
"This is the Perfect Match. The Ultimate Love. The kind that never breaks apart and never runs cold. The kind that really does last Forever," said the Crimson male, getting more confident by the seconds. Meanwhile, Tristam was getting agitated.
"But the thing is, Zophoros, that when you find someone.. you... leave to be with them. You don't care about those who have actually stayed there with you, thick and thin, harsh or great, peace or war. No. You go with them, forgetting those who have been tried by Time, only to end up worse than they found you," Tristam said, getting mad in proportion to Zophoros' confidence. "You see, there is no such thing as "Love". That's just a word people use because they want that dream, they want that Fantasy. But guess what, in this world, you can't even have what you do have. It only lasts as long as you live, then, who know what happens. Love is what people say to have some joy, has something to live for, something to look forward too. But it's all fake. A word that exists only to show you something better than what we have, something to Fantisize about. Something that will take your thoughts away from the bad in this life just to get a break. But it will all end up with you getting your heart broken, shattered against the rocks of delusion, ground up in the wheel of blindness, and tossed into the chasm of despair. Love is that element better than diamond, but that's the thing, because it's better.. it doesn't exist."
Tristam was panting again with his fists clenched, standing right in front of Zophoros, whose head was now up, but had a smile on his face.
"That's why you need to talk to Kallista and Astra about," he said gently. "Because to you, Love isn't real, yet Astra and I know it is. This is just like your parents."
"It isn't," Tristam growled. "And what do you mean, 'Just like my parents'."
Laughing softly, Zophoros stood up, saying, "They had contradictions against you, and you felt they were wrong, so you did what you felt was right. This is the same scenario. You feel like Love is fake, but I know it isn't. So.. I suppose that makes you just like them, close-minded, and refusing to listen to your answers. Does that entitle me to do what is ok, and not what I think is ok?"
Raising an eyebrow, the Dragon stared at Tristam with unwavering Crimson eyes, both on fire and boring through the small male. Tristam merely went silent, refusing to meet Zoph's gaze, even shifting slightly from being uncomfortable.
"So be it," Zophoros said, jumping back into the air with one powerful stroke of his wings.
But Tristam was wrapped up in his tail.
"What are you doing!?" shouted Tristam when he was placed on the Dragon's back. "Put me down!"
"You will speak with Kallista and Astra of your past. They have to know why you are fighting this. You can't simply say something like this can't happen. It will find a way to work, even if you won't let it. So please, just explain your stand point, and try to understand. I'd rather have you as my Best Friend still, and not my Enemy. But I Love Astra, and this will have to be, with or without your permission."

The flight was short and silent, with neither of them saying a word. When they had finally arrived to Astra and Kallista's territory, the large beast landed some distance away from the mouth of the cave, and Tristam was forced off.
"Go on," Zophoros said, giving Tristam a nudge, after which the male reluctantly went forward, yet didn't say a word.
"Kallista? Astra? Tristam would like to have a private word with you," Zophoros said when they reached the cave. Tristam only gave him a glare, but otherwise didn't ty to back out.
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Kallista Tanin
After hearing Zophoros run after Astra, Kallista waited patiently for their return and was surprised when, instead of Astra and Zophoros arriving together, Tristam came into the cave while his dragon simply called inside to announce his arrival. Lifting herself the beat up couch she had been reclining on, Kallista stood and walked towards Tristam slowly. "Astra isn't back yet. She went out early this morning." She said, quickly explaining her friends absence. It was unnecessary, however, for a moment later the silver dragoness entered the cavern, pausing briefly as she spotted the human male. Seeing her dragon's uncertainty, Kallista swiftly strode over to her and said "Astra, Tristam is here to talk. Okay?" As the dragon nodded, the auburn-haired woman returned to her seat, sitting tall as she landed on the sofa.

Astruvakus
Upon returning to her cave, Astra hesitated as she caught sight of Zophoros but, after taking a breath, she continued, giving a slight incline of her head as a greeting to the flame colored male. Taking a step into the cavern, her keen eyes quickly recognized Tristam standing off to one side. Flicking her gaze to her rider, Astra expression seemed to ask what he was doing back at her home. But at her friend's reassurance, she gave a nod of her head and moved into the cave to lay beside Kallista, her attention remaining on Tristam.

Neither of them knew how to begin the conversation, especially since it seemed as though Tristam would be the one doing most of the talking. While Astra desperately pleaded with any divine being that could be out there watching over them, Kallista prayed that everything would be revealed. Both of them wanted the same thing, however. They longed for peace and understanding for both themselves and Tristam and Zophoros.

(Sorry, kind of blanked.)
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:16 am

Tristam

Nodding, Tristan didn't say a word as he went to the side of the cave, leaning against the rock as his eyes tried to avoid Kallista, only to fall on Astra.
Nothing happened at first, for Zoph's words had been ringing through his head since they were spoken, but for a second, a deep hatred shone in his eyes, morphing through different stages as the facts ran through his head. They finally settled back to where it had started. To Tristam, Astra was nothing less than an enemy. What made matter worse, was that she was the Friend of Kallista, who had been his nemesis for some time.

A period of silence followed as all of the eyes trained on Tristam, waiting for him to begin, but it wasn't until after a coaxing nudge from Zophoros that he began.
"Ok," he started after a glare to the Crimson male. "Since I'm being forced to say some of my most personal things to the two worst people to say them too, I'm going to start this with two questions that I will need answered.. one for each of you. I don't care how you put it, as long as I get a satisfactory answer, and the Truth."
Pausing then and looking back to Zophoros, Tristam swallowed, lifting his eyes to Astra.
"For you. Tell me, Dragon. What is Love. What is this thing that you claim to have for Zophoros, that you would so boldly try to take him away. And Kallista, short and sweet. Tell me the same. What is Love, and tell me if you've ever felt it," Tristam said, his eyes not leaving either one of them. "Personal yes, but that's what this is all going to be about."

Zophoros

Laying down behind Tristam, Zophoros gave Kallista a blank look, not portraying anything, but simply bowed his head in greeting. The male didn't even get uneasy when Kallista mentioned Astra's morning disappearance, but turned when the Dilver Dragoness came by, swallowing when he saw her.
"Astra," he said quietly, lowering his head slightly in return to the greeting. He also backed up a little bit, making sure there was enough space beteeen them.
Oh how things were going. And oh how complicated things could get. Zophoros just longed for this all to be over, that this could settle every rivalry between them, or at least take Astra off the promise.
Zophoros only hoped, giving a nudge to Tristam to get him on his way.

As the male spoke, the fiery beast never took his eyes of both females. It was the usual starting point. This was going to be more of a debate than of an explaination, and it is easier to find fault in something than to see the good.
And all Tristam saw for Love, and of Love was the bad, a lifetime of it.
Be careful, and watch what you say, Zophoros seemed to say with his eyes, which were trained on Astra. If al they could do was get him to go silent, they would have the advantage. All they had to do was catch him by his own words, and even the teen would have to see his error. And causing him to see his errors would reverse his fear inspired restrictions and hate, and would reverse Astra's promise, as well as fulfilling Zophoros'.
But it all rested on Kallista and Astra, with what they brought to the table, or more fitting, with what arms they brought to the war.
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

Postby Saphira's Cave » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:48 am

Astruvakus
As Tristam turned and asked his question, the silver dragoness listened closely before looking inside herself to find the answer. "Love is...friendship, honesty, devotion, and an unbreakable bond. True love is the same as the love I have for Kallista or what you have for Zophoros, love as a friend, only stronger, deeper, and full of...well, for lack of a better word, magic." Astra replied after a few moment's thought. "True love does not seek to destroy friendships or tear down years of trust between people and neither do I." The dragoness added softly, dropping her head and looking to Kallista to signal that she had finished. With her part said, she closed her eyes and hoped that both her answer and Kallista's would be satisfactory to the young human male.

Kallista Tanin
At her longtime enemy's initial query, Kallista's gaze flicked inadvertently to her dragon before she heard Tristam's continuation. Shifting uncomfortably, she began to think on the subject, trying to picture it from every angle. Being young and inexperienced, she had little knowledge of love, save what she felt for her family, including Astra, and the animals she had raised throughout the years. After pondering for several seconds whether or not that was enough, she decided that it would have to suffice for the majority of her reply. Upon the completion of her best friend's response, Kallista drew a deep, calming breath and composed her thoughts before starting.

"I do not know the love that Astra and Zophoros feel, but I do know that love, no matter what form it takes, is not something to be feared or hated. Not more than any other inexplicable emotion anyways." The young woman began, stating her opinion and experience straight away. Her gaze wandered between the two mighty dragons that lay on the cold stone floor before returning to Tristam. "They have a bond that many in our world search their entire lives for and that connection shouldn't be broken or taken away. In my eyes, love is something to cherish for as long as possible and something that will only strengthen the friendships that have been founded in the past." With a small sigh, Kallista placed her calloused hand on Astra's shoulder and quietly finished her part by saying "Is forcing them to choose between their riders and their love going to help solve anything?"

(Wow, thanks for the tough question. :? :) )
Saphira's Cave

Postby Hybridyzed_Nightmare » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Tristam Solace

Smiling and shaking his head, Tristam continued listening to Astra's first statements, full of amusement. But other than those few motions, he stayed silent, and listened to what he thought was an arguement in vain. He'd heard it all before, the same things, over and over, till it sickened him.
When the Dragoness finally finished, the human male decided to sit, full of confidence at his next retort, by he would wait till Kallista was finished, then wrap things up.

"Well..." Tristam said, before Kallista spoke her final words. This question was pointed directly at Tristam, and it got to the heart of the situation.
Fists clenched again, yet his emotions under control, Tristam went quiet for a little bit.
"Let me tell you a story," he muttered, still leaning against the cave wall. "And listen closely, in only saying it once."
"There once was this kid. Younger than you and I, but full of dreams and hopes. This child enjoyed life, and it seemed to be getting better by the time it was twelve. Life was great, everything was going almost perfect. The years of 13 and 14, however, didn't get better, nor worse, or so it seemed. By 15, it was like the kid had hit a wall of awakening. Nothing went well, and the family started splitting apart. There had been a few feuds before then, major, yes, but few. But by this time, the feuds were constant and larger, with one yelling at another and at each other's throats. The kid wanted to stay away from all of it, so it decided to block it out. This child trusted no one, for it had been hurt constantly and repeatedly by those who said they "Loved" it. The blocking out became constant, then evolved to Loneliness, till finally, it didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered. There was no future, it gave up on itself, began to fear that it would end up miserable and on the street. After all, if even the most treasured thing on Earth, Love, as they say, can't even be proven True by the closest people to you, how can anything else seem real."
Silent tears were sliding down Tristam's face by now, and he was standing straight up.
"Do you know how much it pains someone, to watch their Friend hate life. To wish they were dead instead of alive. To be so broken that nothing matters, and everything seems Grey. It's unexplainable, to be a Friend, yet nothing seems to help. Not one word, not one action. There is nothing... And guess what... that's exactly what's going to happen here. One of you will grow tired, or it will grow cold, and what you once had will not be there. Then what. One or the other will end up broken at some point."

Eyes aflame, and nostrils flaring, Tristam stared at Kallista, then quickly swapped to Astra, eyes meeting hers, yet holding no emotion.
"Welcome to life," he said silently, then turned around, and walked out.

{{xD. You're very welcome.}}
Working on it...

To the Stars
Hybridyzed_Nightmare

PreviousNext

Return to 1x1 Forum