Northpack & Myself

Re: Northpack & Myself

Postby North Pack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm

((Yep))
William
Ugh Cody is so annoying, I don't know why Aurora ever wanted to date him. Besides the whole power... William stayed up until the moon was straight above him showing it was midnight, it was only a crescent moon luckily for him the light of the moon wouldn't give him away. Taking his gold and gem encrusted dagger he slipped it into his belt. Creeping out of his chambers were easy as Audrey taught him a trick a while ago to use the secret passageways. Hopefully this works. Pushing past the tarp he found the hole in the wall leading with a passageway. The darkness surrounded him as no light illuminated in the tunnels, but William knew his way through as he ran this path a couple nights before leaving a trail of string for his hands to cling to follow the correct trail.

His fingers hungrily searched for the linen string as it grasped the loose trail. After a couple turns and almost dropping the string he finally made it into Audrey and Cody's chambers. I could just get rid of Cody... William shook his head as he focused on his plan that he received in an encrypted letter. Creeping up he knew Audrey was somewhat of a heavy sleeper as he tip toed over to Audrey, looking down he felt bad for doing this. I can't. Backing away he bumped into a human figure about the same size as him, panic rushed through his body. Turning around he saw Cody, shoot. Dropping the dagger he tried to run away but Cody blocked his exit. Reaching down for his dagger, Cody was faster holding onto it. Stupid butterfingers. Than his plan struck him.

"Audrey! Wake up" he yelled.

((Hopefully it's okay I kinda controlled Cody because this made it a bit longer post))
North Pack

Postby Charcoal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:22 pm

((It's fine, I'll do a recap of Cody's events and then get to the actual post))

The last few days had been rough for Cody. Audrey thought that he had tried to assassinate her because he wouldn't tell her who it actually was, still ashamed himself. He was lucky that she had decided to sleep in the same room with him and not with William. God knows what he'd do to her. But then...maybe she'd feel safer? Even though she somewhat trusted Cody he could tell that she enjoyed Will and all of his lies as if his life were the most interesting thing in the world. The king had awoken from his slumber at the same time as something alerted him to the soft pounding of footsteps. His father wasn't at it again was he?

Cody stealthily and silently got out of the bed, wary of anything he could hit in the blackness. Out of the dim light he could see another dagger but not the same one his father had used. As he got closer he realized that this was definitely not his father. Shock flooded him and paralyzed his movements. He didn't know why he was so surprised to see Will since he was right about his personality and character but maybe it was just that he thought there was a little care for Audrey under it all. He was about to move to stop him from using the knife when the pirate backed into him causing him to panic and Cody harden. Whatever Will tried to do the King did faster. He blocked the exit and grabbed the dagger so that Will wouldn't have another chance to use it. He was feeling pretty clever with himself with himself and gave a small smile. He opened his mouth to speak and awaken Audrey when the pirate did it for him.

This confused Cody at first. Why would he call for Audrey to wake up when he had clearly just tried to assassinate her? She might love him but she couldn't love him that much. He was just really arrogant. And then it hit him. He's going to frame this on me. The realization made Cody's eyes widen as the glanced to the dagger clenched in his fist and the strategic placement that put Will between Audrey and himself. This wasn't good.

As Audrey sat up and looked between the two and the dagger in Cody's fist in horror he blurted, "Audrey, I can explain! It wasn't me! Will tried to kill you! This isn't what it looks like!" His heart pounded hard against his ribs until he was sure that it echoed through the palace. She had to believe him... Even if the evidence did point towards him.
"How are your eyes?" She asked
"Well, I've been told they're dreamy but I'll let you decide for yourself."
-Cress&Thorn
Charcoal

Location: Inviting people to Soldier Island... ((Congrats to all of you who got it c;))

Postby North Pack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Audrey stirred in her sleep shooting up at the screech of her name. Her gazed shifted to William, her puzzled look than turned to horror as she saw Cody holding a dagger. Her heart started to beat fast. Will was right. "W-W-Will what's going on?" she asked not wanting to hear anything from Cody. Will smirked knowing she fell for it, he then rushed to her side holding her as she began to shake from terror. "Shhh it's okay, Cody tried to assassinate you but luckily I was here to stop him" he said as Audrey buried her head into his chest. Will shot Cody a grin as he knew he had won. Audrey picked her head up looking at Will, "Why were you in our chambers than?" she asked still hoping Cody wasn't trying to kill her. "I was here to leave a parting gift but I'm not leaving after I saw what he tried to do, you can come sleep the rest of the night in my chambers. If you want" he said with fake interwind with his voice.

Audrey looked over to Cody with tears running down her cheeks as her nose started to run. I thought he would actually protect me when all he was doing was getting close to me to strike. Closing her eyes she tried to reopen them to all find this was just a nightmare but nothing changed. "Why?" was all she could mutter out to Cody as she clung onto William feeling much safer around him. "Why kill me, I thought we were finally getting along but now I know you had other intentions" she said yelling at her 'husband' as her voice felt broken. Any trust that was gained over the last couple days was lost as she saw the man she could see work in a relationship holding a dagger that could've ended her right then and there.

She turned to William "I'm going to go sleep in my old chambers" she said not wanting to be around anyone for the moment. First Rena lied to her and now Cody?! She couldn't take how much everyone would lie to her. She walked/ran towards her chambers in tears as she wanted to leave Cody.

William
William watched as Audrey left the room. "Whew that was a close one. Now here's what's going to happen. I'm going to go back to my chambers and if you kill me Audrey will now who did it as she saw us together last. Audrey is now mine and it's her word against your since she was the ruler before you, most people trust her more than you" he said with a devil like smile. "Bye bye Cody" Will said leaving the room back through the secret passageway picking up the string as he walked back to his chambers unseen.

((Since the dagger was Will's maybe on the bottom it has his "stamp" or mark like a carved symbol that Cody laters proves to Audrey that Will lied during that night. Poor Cody))
North Pack

Postby Charcoal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:33 pm

((Yep, that'll work. Maybe we could still go through with the Rena thing but William remembers her being close to Audrey so he doesn't fall for it and in a last attempt Cody shows the dagger?))

Cody was crushed to say the least. Outwardly he had a face of stone as he stared at Audrey and Will. His grip tightened on the knife. Kill him now, his mind echoed, Kill him and you won't have to worry about him... Kill him! He was blind with rage but that passed and his grip loosened once more on the disgusting dagger. He couldn't avert his eyes, couldn't do anything, powerless and a shell. Will's plan had worked and now Audrey would never feel the same around him again.

When she left the room it felt as through she had stabbed daggers through his heart with every accusing step. His eyes had followed her and lingered for a long time at the door at which she left. His attention was only caught when the pirate spoke. Cody's dark eyes only glared at him, murder clear within them. Audrey should've know more than anyone other than his advisor that the only person he would murder in this kingdom is William himself. His grip tightened on the dagger again but he did nothing with it. He was holding the killer in his hand. The thing that killed Cody's chances of ever being with Audrey. What happened? He was still trying to believe it all. He could've responded witty to all of William's words but he couldn't force anything out of his throat and didn't turn to watch him leave.

After the room was clear, Cody exhaled a breath that he hadn't realized he had been holding in and collapsed against the wall, throwing the dagger across the room and bracing his hand in his knees as he tried to cope with what had happened. He had felt if someone had just punched him a million times in the gut and was stabbing him through the heart all at once. Tears stung his eyes although he never cried. He hadn't cried since he learned the truth about Aurora and now a single tear slid down his face followed by many more as he slid down the wall and began to sob in the dark. He was a pitiful sight to see and it hurt him to know he would lose Audrey. What could he do? He could only waste the time away until Audrey got rid of him.

Cody was dead inside. Lost. Gone. And the worst thing of all.

Broken Hearted.

((Poor Cody indeed, I got a little choked up myself writing this))
-Cress&Thorn
Charcoal

Location: Inviting people to Soldier Island... ((Congrats to all of you who got it c;))

Postby North Pack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 pm

((OMG that gave me chills. Poor Cody I feel so bad that we're putting him through this. I at first thought of Will to be a good character and now I flat out hate his guts XD. Should we roleplay a couple days and then time skip to Rena/Cody's "plan". How about they go through it but Rena falls for his seduction and turns against Cody so it resorts him to sit in a room staring at the dagger. Than in the movies where it has the character having sudden realization, he sees the brand and remembers it all of William's clothes, weapons, and ship.))
North Pack

Postby Charcoal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:54 pm

((XD yep that works for me. That was how I felt about Aurora. She was going to be somewhat good and then she turned out to be more trouble than I had planned xD))
Last edited by Charcoal on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Cress&Thorn
Charcoal

Postby North Pack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

((Ok))
Audrey sat in her room as the hours pasted of the days, luckily since she wasn't sole ruler she didn't have to get up and do things. A few people were only allowed in her chambers, her mother, her ladies, and William. She also informed the guards about the assassination attempt but never who it was because somewhere deep down she still couldn't believe it, but it did have her believe it enough to avoid Cody at all cost. She didn't get to board as she would play chess against William as they stayed quiet. Audrey liked the quietness as it helped cope with the memories. She ate with either William or her ladies but other than that she was usually by herself.

"Check mate" she said as her voice was light and soft. Audrey didn't speak much after the attempt on her life as if it stole her voice. She would try to talk sometimes but it'd be to soft for anyone to hear so she usually kept to herself, she thought much more due to this silence. William smiled, he was trying to cheer her up for a while but nothing seemed to work, "You won again". She nodded as her gaze fell upon the door, not saying much William knew she was asking for him to leave.

Once he left a couple minutes later one of the kitchen maids knocked on the door. "Lunch m'lady" she said entering as the guards opened the door knowing she didn't pose a threat. Audrey looked up at the young girl wishing she could go back and be that age. The age where she was supposed to have fun and make mistakes not rule a kingdom and deal with the constant stress the subjects put her under. The maids eyes seemed fresh and new looking at the world in amazement, while Audrey's eyes have seen horrors that haunt her in the night. Recently she had been taking sleeping medicines to help her sleep as she would stay up holding a dagger awaiting for an attack that would never come.

The maid swapped the trays of food as Audrey went back to her peckish ways. Now that no one would visit her much she could get away with it easier, besides the maids coming and going. The young girl's eyes focused on the uneaten food, "You can have it" said Audrey as she knew it was going to be trashed otherwise. Bowing the girl said her thanks and exited the chambers. Letting out a sigh of relief Audrey felt at ease as people, not including the ones she mentioned earlier, caused her to become more anxious as her eyes looked at the world as what it truly was. Broken with broken people, broken economy, broken government, and especially broken Cody.
North Pack

Postby Charcoal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Cody hadn't done much as the days passed by. He was surprised that he hadn't been thrown out yet but knew that it would happen sometime. His advisor, Jeremy, had been running the kingdom while he sulked in his room or in the throne room where everything had first went wrong. He was there now, leaning to his right, slumping in his chair, his right arm up with fingers twirling a small, golden object between them. A ring. His wedding ring. The small circle of metal that bound he and Audrey. It meant nothing to her now but he still had the small amount of hope that she would realize what truly happened but it was dwindling little by little, fragile in its state.

He didn't see Audrey anymore though he would often walk down the corridor, acting like he would go talk to her but when he got there he kept on walking, not knowing what to say and feeling his throat restrict with the facts that Will would probably be with her. Cody couldn't see Audrey; not now—maybe not ever. Maybe she would just have him executed instead of exiled. That's what he would do. It made sure to set an example. At least he wouldn't have to worry about his name being ruined by his murderous father; it would be ruined by Audrey's opinion of him. It didn't matter to him how others thought of him as only Audrey's opinion mattered the most. He only wanted to be someone to her—rich or poor; young or old. If he died right now would she care?

Cody went to his room stiffly and took some paper and a quill, scratching it against the hard paper. It's contents read as follows:

"Dear Audrey,

I understand that you may want to tear up this letter but please hear me out. I know how you feel about me right now and believe me it's taking its toll on me as well. I'm not going to try to justify myself to you again in this letter as you have already made your opinion clear to me. I apologize for causing you any pain that you may have felt. It was and has never been my intention to hurt you.

I've been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls, hoping you'd call. It's just a cruel existence like there's no point hoping at all. Audrey, I feel crazy, up all night, all night and every day. Give me something, please, but you say nothing. I wonder: what is happening to me? I don't want to live forever because I know that I'll be living in vain and I don't want to fit wherever, I just want to call your name until you come back to me. I just know that I love you.

I know that I have never expressed my true feelings to you in person because I was too prideful to see them myself. I hope that you take my words as true. I'm so sorry, Audrey. I'll be here to talk if you want to try to hear me out.

My sincerest apologies for anything I've done to you and that you believe about me,

Cody
"

He stared at the letter for a long while before crumbling it into a ball and throwing it against the wall. "Stupid."
-Cress&Thorn
Charcoal

Postby North Pack » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:23 am

William
I didn't want Audrey like this. He felt bad for making her feel so lifeless as he had only known her for her lively spirit. Leaving Audrey's room was hard but it was better than being completely shut out by Cody. His plan had worked but now he had to write Aurora to some soon for his plan would finally unfold. Asking one of the maids (Rena) to grab him a more ink as he waisted the whole jar already from his rough drafts. Writing in encryption was harder than he thought as he had to memorize the system they used and burn every letter he received after reading it. Most of his plans to capture a kingdom hasn't worked out this far but luckily Audrey was naive and Aurora was his partner in crime.

The maid returned with ink as he thanked her with a wink and smile as she turned away blushing. I can get used to this. Despite him feeling bad for Audrey he also felt glad because it allowed him to get used to all the women staff as he was already gossiped about. He had a list and each girl had a week of William as he would try to trick them and practice his flirting skills.

Aurora my dearest, I have recently been hunting and I tried to shoot but missed at first but my second arrow was luckier as I took down a stag. I currently have the antlers as a prize but I could be bragging about this or you could come see for yourself. Yours truly, William. It was short but got to the point as he folded it stamping it with his signature ring with a fox as he was fascinated by the animal so he decided to become one.

Audrey
Audrey walked out to her balcony as she looked over the railings and then looked down. The kingdom looked peaceful as it should be. She knew it would stay long once she told about the attempt on her life but she couldn't as it would put everyone in mass chaos. Also if she were to execute her husband she'll have to remarry to someone more snobbier and her people might revolt and execute her. Killing off another monarch was something she didn't want to do as it would put her in trouble.

((Sorry short for Audrey but there's the signature design William has. I think a fox or a weasel fits him perfectly))
North Pack

Postby Charcoal » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:09 pm

((What if Audrey eventually found the letter that he wrote after William was caught and that's how she finds out about his feelings? Just a suggestion.))

Aurora
"Why hasn't that stupid pirate sent a message yet?" The Lady grumbled to herself as she sat on the chair in her room. A man laid in her bed but it wasn't her husband. He was somewhere else. She was wearing a silk robe to cover herself when there was a knock at the door and her voice to approve entrance. It was a maid carrying a letter. She glanced to the male in the bed but ignored him as she knew how Aurora operated and handed her Lady the letter before seeing herself out. The letter was stamped with the seal of a fox. "About time." The woman hissed as she tore the paper to read it and a sly smile painted her face. "Perfect."

Cody
Cody laid out in the place he and Audrey had had their first meeting. He didn't know whether or not she could see him out here but he didn't have the highest hope that she would be looking. He rested his head on his right arm while his left arm was over his chest and his ankles crossed. The slight breeze blew salt from the sea over his face to sting and scratch but he didn't care. His eyes were distant now as he looked at the water from his grassy place on land. After writing that letter he hadn't written another one, a bit embarrassed that he was now confessing his love to her in a letter. He couldn't tell her to her face because— because— well he wasn't sure why... He didn't think that she would appreciate it and it would probably just sound like a pathetic attempt at staying.

Cody was joined by the fair-skinned Rena as she came and laid beside him, saying nothing for a long while. "What's wrong?" The king didn't answer and gave a shrug of his shoulders. His mind had wondered to William and suddenly a light-bulb went off in his head. "Rena," he said as he turned his head to look at her, "I need you to do something for me."

"Anything—I mean yeah!" Rena replied, propping herself on her elbow while her dark hair fell over her shoulders. Cody explained his plan about how he would use her to should Audrey that William wasn't all that he was cracked up to be and he thought he saw something violent flash in his eyes but ignore it. He was sure that she was harboring no bad blood towards Audrey and was positive that she wasn't upset or had any feelings towards him. At least... He thought so? Rena finally smiled and gave a nod, saying she'd do it and Cody hopped up, pulling her to her feet and picking her up while spinning her around in pure joy.

"You're the best, Rena!" Cody stated putting her back down and giving her a tight, meaningful hug and a peck on the cheek before settling back down and telling her that he'd see her tomorrow at noon in the throne room to iron out the details. He might have a shot at proving to Audrey it wasn't him after all!

Rena was watching as he walked away, a jealous fire burning behind her eyes. She'd never been jealous of Audrey until now when she could have Cody who was pretty much perfect and decided that she'd ignore him. She needed to do something... Something to get his attention... Will wasn't that bad. And with him I'm the picture... The servant got an idea that would cause Cody to be hers.

((Everybody wants a slice of Cody xD I just thought with Rena liking him it would produce a motive for her to betray him. She'll probably come around to her senses eventually))
-Cress&Thorn
Charcoal

PreviousNext

Return to 1x1 Forum